NSC Motorcyclists...

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Get out in the rain mate.

Makes you a better rider.

I ride all year round and as a result an triple quick when it's try.

Really smooths you out riding a lot in the rain. Helps massively once it's nice and dry.

All true but it is a pain getting cold & wet and it messes your bike up, especially on salty roads - yes I'm officially a Fair Weather Biker!

As previously posted I am a slow rider these days so don't need to be triple, or even double quick. :down:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I must be having some sort of mid-life crisis (I'm 35) because I've been thinking for ages about getting a full bike licence. It's only cost that's stopping me at the moment (well, that season ticket won't pay for itself).

Odd really, seeing as my job all too frequently means I have to deal with all the bikers who get it horribly wrong (or who are wronged by errant car drivers). I just think it looks like fun, plus it would give me a better perspective from a work point of view. (That, and the fact that there is something inherently hot about women in bike leathers, I'm convinced it would do wonders for my pulling power :jester:)

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
I must be having some sort of mid-life crisis (I'm 35) because I've been thinking for ages about getting a full bike licence. It's only cost that's stopping me at the moment (well, that season ticket won't pay for itself).

Odd really, seeing as my job all too frequently means I have to deal with all the bikers who get it horribly wrong (or who are wronged by errant car drivers). I just think it looks like fun, plus it would give me a better perspective from a work point of view. (That, and the fact that there is something inherently hot about women in bike leathers, I'm convinced it would do wonders for my pulling power :jester:)

No mistake raw sexuality

blearsDM_468x410.jpg

JBizzleBeard

Jan 23, 2007
Brighton
If you wanna come on the ride out Trojan I can pick you up if you are happy to ride pillion?

Have some gear I can lend you.

Doesn't seem right if you don't come.

Nice gesture. and yes he should come along.

It's a shame my last bike got nicked. A Suzuki Intruder 1500 It was like sitting in an armchair. reckon you would have enjoyed a ride on the back of that.

Nice one. I'm well up for that. Thanks :)

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington

Don't think the cost is too steep - my CBR600F cost me £2K a few years back & it was immaculate and very low mileage. Sadly my old leathers from the 1990's were a little snug so needed replacing :blush:

I cannot possibly comment upon how inherantly hot female bikers in tight fitting leathers are as Mrs Jakarta keeps looking over my shoulder when I post on NSC! :ohmy:

By the way congratulations on your early mid life crisis - most of us get it around 50!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill

I think you're right..

http://blog.leatherup.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Biker-Girl-Motorcycle-Girl-Playboy-Playmate-Raquel-Pomplun-on-a-Victotry-Motorcycle-Wearing-Black-Leather-Jacket.jpg

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

I can't see your picture, but it's that thing of being behind a biker, and you haven't got a clue who it is but you tend to make a general assumption that it's a guy, and then there's the whole helmet off, hair shaking out thing, and it turns out rather surprisingly to be a woman, if that makes sense. I was having this conversation with two blokes recently and they both thought the idea of women on bikes was a Good Thing...

CLEARLY that scenario would apply to me if I were to get a bike of course :lolol:

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
I can't see your picture, but it's that thing of being behind a biker, and you haven't got a clue who it is but you tend to make a general assumption that it's a guy, and then there's the whole helmet off, hair shaking out thing, and it turns out rather surprisingly to be a woman, if that makes sense. I was having this conversation with two blokes recently and they both thought the idea of women on bikes was a Good Thing...

CLEARLY that scenario would apply to me if I were to get a bike of course :lolol:

Yep. Women bikers are hot.

Now women bikers who are coppers. Double bubble I say.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton

When its the "younger female" you can tell when following them by the cut of the jacket. :wink:

D

Deleted member 2719

As others have said you can go low cost as for training you can't beat going off road and learning exactly how a bike feels and fall off on mud first.

I would guess mud and ladies and leather all sound a great combination for most guys.:whistle:

Seriously get you wings on the dirt if poss and then go for your test, it really is the biggest buzz on a bike, but you do have use your brain and watch those cars and what i have always said 'watch the white of there eyes'.

Good luck, it is a must do thing in life.

JBizzleBeard

Jan 23, 2007
Brighton
That's what I'm starting to do next weekend MB. I want to get a feel for it first!

Good luck DanielT. I'm well envious as you're a step closer to getting on that bike!

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Just thought of something, dunno if anyone else has raised this point. When ,as I have seen occasionally in Auto Trader and the like adverts,it says "streetfightered for a stylish look" you should really read "Used to be a really nice race replica / crutch rocket BUT got flung up the road and smashed all of the (f*cking expensive )fairing panels and was to all intense and purposes uneconomical to repair. NO-ONE would deliberately style a bike like that in my opinion. Also try and buy privately if you can, you can tell a lot about the bike from the owner.

Dec 29, 2011
First day of RAS went well. Everything aches though, very tired, and very nervous about the test. One foot down = failed and another £200 for the resit :(

DanielT

It was good! Was on an Er-6 (650cc) SO much nice to ride than the scooter I have been on!! You don't really notice the weight. Keep your knees tucked in and your shoulders relax, I was doing slow riding and in and out of cones within 10 minutes of getting on it. Then we went for a ride up to the Burgess Hill test centre to check out the Mod 1 track. Don't really notice the speed on the dual carriageway, it just purrs along loving it!

End of the day (about 2pm) went back to Lyons Farm base and did some U-turns and some more slalom cones. Not a problem but then slalom into figure-8s: I have done them before, but suffice it to say it was the end of the day and I was knackered - couldn't flipping do them!

Good day. Really tired, sore neck, headache, but a great day. What does worry me a bit is that if I fail Mod 1 then I have blown the money for the Mod 2. Trying not to think about it!

JBizzleBeard

Jan 23, 2007
Brighton
It was good! Was on an Er-6 (650cc) SO much nice to ride than the scooter I have been on!! You don't really notice the weight. Keep your knees tucked in and your shoulders relax, I was doing slow riding and in and out of cones within 10 minutes of getting on it. Then we went for a ride up to the Burgess Hill test centre to check out the Mod 1 track. Don't really notice the speed on the dual carriageway, it just purrs along loving it!

End of the day (about 2pm) went back to Lyons Farm base and did some U-turns and some more slalom cones. Not a problem but then slalom into figure-8s: I have done them before, but suffice it to say it was the end of the day and I was knackered - couldn't flipping do them!

Good day. Really tired, sore neck, headache, but a great day. What does worry me a bit is that if I fail Mod 1 then I have blown the money for the Mod 2. Trying not to think about it!

Man it sounds so good but scary all at the same time. How many days is it over and how much has it cost you if you don't mind me asking?

Dec 29, 2011

This 100%. Bricking it. And no i'm not Jack, just a coincidence I suppose :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports