now lets see how many real fans crawley get

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I just don't like them (along with many others I may add) and have pointed out the reasons. You say you don't understand those reasons. I think you can. You may not agree, but you can understand why some people have an issue with them. It's not only about the investment. The manager shouldn't be allowed near a professional football club given his history, and he's a cunt.

And to answer your question, very bothered indeed. Clubs, like Leeds, Leicester, Cardiff, and many others who overspend wildly particularly after having called in the administrators previously seriously piss me off. It's the general apathy of football fans that allow it to keep on happening.

Your attitude seems to be, others have done it, we've had crooks in charge of us before, so that's ok. Good luck to them. I think that's pretty flawed thinking.

I don't hate Crawley Town FC but I pretty much agree with what you say otherwise. Evans is a disgrace to the game (he was a Marjeed appointment wasn't he ?) The thing is though, where is the hard and fast evidence that they had spent money they don't have ?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I don't care much about Crawley one way or the other but I would be more than a little concerned as a fan at the way they seem to be set up financially. How many above board clubs are there with anonymous (40%) major foreign shareholders? It may all be totally tickety boo but I will not be even mildy suprised if Crawley go tits up over the next year.

Threads like this are repetitive and judgemental.
Where are the (25,000) fans we took to Wembley etc. if people are going to go on every time another club attracts loads more fans than swell their regular home gate?

boring, been there done that, and live and let live... and let them 'stand or fall'.

Almost every club has the same kind of fans, and not long ago it was Newcastle with low gates and a dodgy chairman and now Chelsea fans are going to be dropping to the wayside so why care about flippin' Crawley?

Some Brighton fans were even keen to criticise FCUM fans !!

It's astounding really, we're not even in our new stadium yet some are casting aspersions across the leagues

Last edited:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I seem to remember a team taking 41,000 to Wembley in 1991 for the play-off final against Notts County, and the next home match at the Goldstone was a spiffing 8,400

My thoughts exactly. Always the case, and bound to be, so I don't see the point of getting all down on Crawley about it.

Noldi

Sep 5, 2010
Horsham
I know of 3 people who went to Old Trafford that have never set foot in Broadfield and probably never will. I saw the pics on face book I was quite supprised to even see them at a football match..

Noldi

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
Threads like this are repetitive and judgemental.
Where are the (25,000) fans we took to Wembley etc. if people are going to go on every time another club attracts loads more fans than swell their regular home gate?

boring, been there done that, and live and let live... and let them 'stand or fall'.

Almost every club has the same kind of fans, and not long ago it was Newcastle with low gates and a dodgy chairman and now Chelsea fans are going to be dropping to the wayside so why care about flippin' Crawley?

Some Brighton fans were even keen to criticise FCUM fans !!

It's astounding really, we're not even in our new stadium yet some are casting aspersions across the leagues

I have NO issue with Crawley taking thousands to OT. Most of the thread isn't about that.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I know of 3 people who went to Old Trafford that have never set foot in Broadfield and probably never will. I saw the pics on face book I was quite supprised to even see them at a football match..

Noldi

Makes you wonder how many fans who went to Cardiff had never set foot in Withdean.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
well just for the record, the Argus reporter at the Broadfield Stadium is saying that there is almost 4000 in already and they are still queing to get in. And only "about 30" from Southport....wonder if the Brighton gate is down a few!!!

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Record attendance.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
:lolol:

Beat me to it. Good attendance, they are a team on the up!

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Hope they get a win to give them something to cheer and make them want to come back....

I have NO issue with Crawley taking thousands to OT. Most of the thread isn't about that.

All teams spend money on players. So, a local club has higher aspirations - they are Conference ffs!! - and get more success.

Big deal - they still need to manage players and have tactical sense to win games, and if they're entertaining then it gives locals something else to watch nearby.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Before we start getting all high and mighty about Crawley's attendance, there were 1,600 empty seats at Withdean tonight and we're TOP OF THE LEAGUE and unbeaten at home all season.

I know that half the empty seats might be in the away end, but it still seems a bit odd.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports