Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

now lets see how many real fans crawley get

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
We never took 41k to wembley in 1991 either.

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
Ok fair enough. Read this.

Ownership doubts threaten to ruin romance of Crawley Town's FA Cup tie | David Conn | Football | The Guardian

That is why SOME people have a problem with Crawley Town. Can you understand why they may have this problem? Because you say you can't. Perhaps you mean YOU don't have a problem with them. That's a different thing altogether.

Read that article carefully and you will realise it is a non-story. So what if the investors dont want publicity? Why do you have a problem with that?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Beardy old chap, take a look at our history, we've had a few crooks too.

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
Read that article carefully and you will realise it is a non-story. So what if the investors dont want publicity? Why do you have a problem with that?

Leeds...Portsmouth....the Fit & Proper test? It's not just that either is it? Spending way over their income. "Everyone else does it..blah,blah" Plymouth Argyle? Leeds? Portsmouth?
And their delightful manager.

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
Leeds...Portsmouth....the Fit & Proper test? It's not just that either is it? Spending way over their income. "Everyone else does it..blah,blah" Plymouth Argyle? Leeds? Portsmouth?
And their delightful manager.
But thats not the point here. They are not spending money they dont have like the depicable Portsmouth and Leeds before them. They have had a specific injection of cash to acheive the aim of promotion. The idea is for the club to then become more self financing (increased revenue streams from increased crowds, merchandising, hospitality etc)

Believe me I am no lover of Crawley (The town, its inhabitants or the Football team) but the public face of the owners seem to have a sensible plan.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I seem to remember a team taking 41,000 to Wembley in 1991 for the play-off final against Notts County, and the next home match at the Goldstone was a spiffing 8,400

This. John Aldridge made his Tranmere debut and we obliged by letting him score twice and lost 2-0. Tho Portlock is right it was nearer 33k I think.

I remember thinking will you be at Barnsley home?

luke17

Oct 9, 2003
Crawley sold about 500 half-season tickets before the Man United game. They have also done a lot of work with the local schools to give the kids free tickets. Every effort s being made to maintain the interest. I predict the crowd will be about 3,000 tomorrow - which is fantastic given their early season attendences. Good luck to them! The negativity on this board is a bit pathetic!

I agree the people on this board slagging off Crawley and being negative to another fellow club in Sussex is quite sad really Brighton are and will always be a bigger club than them so to me i couldnt careless about them but for my love of local football it will be good to see fellow Sussex club playing league Football.

As for there crowd's yes they are quite poor but so is our Home support at the Withdean and in general most other teams in our league and league 2.

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
But thats not the point here. They are not spending money they dont have like the depicable Portsmouth and Leeds before them. They have had a specific injection of cash to acheive the aim of promotion. The idea is for the club to then become more self financing (increased revenue streams from increased crowds, merchandising, hospitality etc)

Believe me I am no lover of Crawley (The town, its inhabitants or the Football team) but the public face of the owners seem to have a sensible plan.

We'll see. And if it doesn't go to plan or if these investors pull out they can always go down the insolvency route again. After all they know how easy that is.

...and the manager.

My point was, some people have a problem with Crawley Town and the reasons are fairly obvious. Others don't, and that's fine, but you must see why some people do.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley

How do you know they dont have the money, They have no debt, they have paid cash for all there signings (supporting other clubs in financial mess), they have backers IF REQUIRED, but currently are ok with just the board supporting them out of there own money, a board of life long Crawley fans.................We all go on about Mr Bloom sticking his hand in his pocket to get a striker during transfer window, but I bet we dont pay cash up front. The fact is Crawley got given a bad names when the Majeds took them to the cleaners and a unfortuantly a number of local businesses suffered, but there is nothing the new board can do about that, apart from do the right thing now and they are doing the right thing...so good luck to them is what I say.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley

Replied on the wrong quote!!!! Cock I no!! sorry

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
How do you know they dont have the money, They have no debt, they have paid cash for all there signings (supporting other clubs in financial mess), they have backers IF REQUIRED, but currently are ok with just the board supporting them out of there own money, a board of life long Crawley fans.................We all go on about Mr Bloom sticking his hand in his pocket to get a striker during transfer window, but I bet we dont pay cash up front. The fact is Crawley got given a bad names when the Majeds took them to the cleaners and a unfortuantly a number of local businesses suffered, but there is nothing the new board can do about that, apart from do the right thing now and they are doing the right thing...so good luck to them is what I say.

You believe that?

"Bruce Winfield, the Crawley chairman who, with his wife Silpa, is a major shareholder, told the Guardian's Digger column that these far east investors now own 40% of the club. However, he has not identified them, explained where their money has come from, or why they want to remain anonymous."

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
probably the same sort of drop we had when playing the first game of the season after Cardiff.....35,000 albion "fans" went to cardiff.

teh world is full of glory hunters

This is a nonsense thread! Crawley capacity is only 5k anyway. After Cardiff, our first game was about 6350. It was in a stadium capacity of only 7k at the time and the game was against, by coincidence, Plymouth, on a tuesday night so the bulk of the empty seats were probably in what is now the family stand.

Every club has jcls and we are no exception so what exactly is the point of the thread?

They took 54 (fifty four) to Newport County for their first FA Cup game of this season - on a Saturday, incidentally.

crawley brought 33 fans to the Racecourse last tuesday night. official.
They obviously have a problem with Wales.

Wouldn't it be good end to the season, redstar, to see an all-Welsh playoff final? Or even two all-Welsh play-off finals?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
So that's ok then? Strange logic.

What's strange is how you are so worked up. Many clubs have skeletons don't they ? Granted most Conference clubs would say Crawley have an unfair advantage but I'm sure quite a few League 1 clubs would say the same about us. If we had Crawley's situation how bothered would you be about it ?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
This is a nonsense thread! Crawley capacity is only 5k anyway. After Cardiff, our first game was about 6350. It was in a stadium capacity of only 7k at the time and the game was against, by coincidence, Plymouth, on a tuesday night so the bulk of the empty seats were probably in what is now the family stand.

Every club has jcls and we are no exception so what exactly is the point of the thread?

I think many of these whining self righteous Brighton supporters would have been absolutely delighted to take just themselves (4-5k) to Wembley, would have been a great representation and by no means embarrassing to any Albion supporter or employee!

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
I just don't like them (along with many others I may add) and have pointed out the reasons. You say you don't understand those reasons. I think you can. You may not agree, but you can understand why some people have an issue with them. It's not only about the investment. The manager shouldn't be allowed near a professional football club given his history, and he's a cunt.

And to answer your question, very bothered indeed. Clubs, like Leeds, Leicester, Cardiff, and many others who overspend wildly particularly after having called in the administrators previously seriously piss me off. It's the general apathy of football fans that allow it to keep on happening.

Your attitude seems to be, others have done it, we've had crooks in charge of us before, so that's ok. Good luck to them. I think that's pretty flawed thinking.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here