Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] NOW is time to get excited about the play-offs this time.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
The irony is I'd always expected the play offs. It's just losing Dunk and Stephens and the way the Middlesbrough game ended has left me really flat.

Me too.....but i am spinning it positive in my mind....let's get Friday done and see where we are at..

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Does anyone else feel like this?

It's not that we've been there twice recently, it's not that I don't think we have a fighting chance, it's just that I STILL feel numb after Saturday. I just can't get excited by these fixtures. Anyone else feeling like this, or is it just me?

Understand what you mean. But let's see how we feel after Friday. I think the injustice of what happened on Saturday may be less fresh in our minds then.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I think I'm on the Colossal Squid side of this, hopefully we only lose 1 or 2 of our best players in the Summer for mega bucks so we can have another go of it next year but I hold no faith in our playoff hopes at all.

Apr 30, 2013
It's grim oop north
Flat as a pancake. Unreal compared to how i felt before derby game kicked off.

Cant be arsed with any football or looking at tables or giving a flying sh!t how much boro fans 'want us to join them'.

We came to close to 2nd but i cant see us making it now this year. :(

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Cant be arsed with any football or looking at tables or giving a flying sh!t how much boro fans 'want us to join them'.

It's all crap is that.....as bad as badge kissing,means nothing...

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003

Same here, have paid no interest to recent Premier League fixtures, couldn't give a shit about all the West Ham bollox in the news (sorry Jevs), no idea who's going up or down in League's One or Two except Burton Albion, the SPL and La Liga can do one etc.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Beat Wednesday, pitch invasion after the game Monday and a MASSIVE knees up then a day out to Wembley where we win and get our RIGHTFUL place in the Premier League, why can't you get EXCITED for that ?

you sure?....

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
Those feeling that Saturday was our best chance to get promotion I don't agree with... We have 2 games now, we don't have to win them both, just do enough over both legs to get to Wembley... Then, it's a one off game to get to the Premier League (sound familiar?) but this time against a team who aren't as good as Middlesbrough and on a neutral ground (and hopefully without that £&@? Mike Dean in charge)

I'm not saying it's going to be easy, but I don't think Saturday was our best chance... That's still to come

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Beat Wednesday, pitch invasion after the game Monday and a MASSIVE knees up then a day out to Wembley where we win and get our RIGHTFUL place in the Premier League, why can't you get EXCITED for that ?

Cus they'll be no trains running that day

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
I can't make it to Sheffield, as there are no trains back afterwards (I can't stay up there as I'm busy on Saturday). I'm then away on holiday on Monday, the hotel I'm staying in doesn't have Sky and the AM radio in my car is cream crackered (I'm taking my mother away on a much needed break and we always go out after supper), so I shall be stuck with following the game on the official thread on here. To be honest, I'm relieved, as I don't think I could take listening on the radio and if I wasn't on holiday it would be the usual pain in the neck getting down to the Amex for weekday games.

I'm sure I'm being slightly hypocritical feeling this, as I shall be right there in the queue for a Wembley ticket if we get there, but I felt very flat after the Derby game (stupidly I had thought we only needed to avoid defeat against Derby rather than needing to beat them in order to go up if we avoided defeat against Middlesbrough, so celebrated wildly when we equalised), and that was only increased by Mike Dean and his rotten refereeing on Saturday. The funny thing was that I was fuming walking back after the game finished, but then just sat on the Grand Central train from Eaglescliffe reading a book as if I'd been for a day trip rather than the club's most important match since May 2013, and I think I'm still feeling like that. I'm not thinking that our chance has gone (though I don't expect to win), but I'm not excited.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
I'm with Simster on this one too. I have no sense of excitement for the play-offs whatsoever, and no sense of optimism. Don't mean to feel like this or choose it, it's just how it feels after Saturday. Absolutely flat.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Didn't take much to knock a few fans down. A bit of bad and bias luck away from home. It's been happening ever since I can remember supporting the Albion. But on Friday, we are the top team in the playoffs and a fully winable match on Friday and then on Monday. And if you can't get yourself up for Wembley, you might as well pack it in now. We are going up!!

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Didn't take much to knock a few fans down. A bit of bad and bias luck away from home. It's been happening ever since I can remember supporting the Albion. But on Friday, we are the top team in the playoffs and a fully winable match on Friday and then on Monday. And if you can't get yourself up for Wembley, you might as well pack it in now. We are going up!!

Quite.

This is ridiculous. I look forward to the atmosphere turning again after two wins over Wednesday.

Sent from my iPhone using blancmange

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
The first thing I think of when I wake up ever since Saturday is that prick flicking the red card out of Mike Deans hand and pointing at his scratch on his shin....

Then I sigh, and roll over.... Just five more minutes....

I think I'm clinically depressed...

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I'm not looking forward to it at all as, unlike other seasons, this is no longer a bonus. If we're 30 minutes from the end of the Final and in a position to go on and win it with 11 men, then perhaps I'll consider we're back to the point we should have been at on the weekend. Although we still won't have Dale Stephens. Anything less and it's going to be a very sour end to a brilliant effort.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
We had no devine right to win on Saturday. It's almost as though we were winning and Dean gave 2 penalties against us for nothing. Yes I know we were hard done by, but I didn't think we would most likely go there and win. I was down after the Derby game because that's when I realised we were most likely heading for the playoffs. Why were a lot of fans all pinning hopes of winning away at Boro? This attitude is like a sulking child now. Man up or woman up or whatever, and support the Albion louder than ever before. It's not over, we are the best equipped team to win these playoffs so let's get our chins up rather than sulking. The players need us now in these next matches more than ever!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here