Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nottingham Forest vs Brighton & Hove Albion ***** Official Match Thread *****

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
It's an opinion based on 1 game, to be fair. We all know what Brez is good at, and what he's less good at. It's a boring discussion. He's our best goalkeeper at the moment, simples.

I think it shows why Forest are down the bottom of the table. Despite enjoying possession there final attacking moves lacked precision, guile or creativity and made it easy for Brez. Before Vicente arrived, I think the same could be said about the Albion. And about Liverpool.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Don't blame Spaz , blame the ref and assistant ref (lino) ignoring Barnesy being shoved off the ball 25 yards out and 5 yards from the touchline which allowed Forest to clear their lines instead of awarding us a free kick. Spaz had to take one for the team as they pushed into our half.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Just the 44 posts by [MENTION=659]fleet[/MENTION] in this thread to lead the way at the top of the "contributing" charts. :thumbsup:

I would have taken the 1-1 scoreline before the game kicked off, and on reflection, it's difficult to argue. They didn't deserve to lose, and probably deserved to win, but we scored against their brittle defence and they weren't going to score twice against us today. Draw is a fair result, but probably fairer to a Brighton fan than a Forest fan. And no, I wasn't there.

A fair summary. Letting an unlikely lead and 2 valuable points slip away in injury time felt hard at the time. Disappointing that a Bridders/Sparrow/Razak/Navs/Barnes midfield couldn't take control for the last few minutes. Having got the lead no one seemed able to put their foot on the ball, instead there were too many hoof balls that gave Forest possession.
Then the initial reaction was that Sparrow's red card cost us the match but TBF the Ref was so trigger happy and every 50/50 challenge seemed to go against us.

But having calmed down now and reflected on the game a draw was probably a decent outcome for us, especially with the absentees and playing a decent part of the match without a wide player. After an ok opening half hour we started to look good we lost concentration and suddenly let Andy Reid take control of midfield. You could see that the Forest forwards fancied their chances after the result at Leeds and for a spell it looked as if we might get a proper battering. Our midfield worked hard but again we were too easily brushed off the ball. Considering we looked a bit lightweight going forward we took our only decent chance. It might have been even better if only we had pushed a bit higher up the field rather than sit deep. It all looked a very similar pattern to recent away games at Donny and Hull, but at least we didn't let them do a Blackpool.

All in all today was definitely a glass half full result.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Why don't you sod off to whoever you support and stop annoying Brighton supporters?

says the guy always on here on match days ffs.Have you ever been to a game at least Mutts goes and pays his dosh....easy to moan or praise from the keyboard

Upper Library

Feb 25, 2011
Worthing
Just back home from the game - gutted we didin't hang on for all 3 points but would have taken a point at half time so no complaints really. Whole team looked out of sorts (virus?). Navarro wasour best player in first half with Brez comanading his box for most of the game apart form a couple of poor clearances in the first half.

First trip to the City ground - fairly impressive stands BUT the concourse in the away end was like a set from "Prisoner cell block H!!" - We are so blessed with our beautiful home.
We are still fourth everybody, all to play for - come on you super seagulls!!!!!!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
says the guy always on here on match days ffs.Have you ever been to a game at least Mutts goes and pays his dosh....easy to moan or praise from the keyboard

No never been to a game, I'm always here on match days as you rightly point out, you must shadow me. Where do Brighton play again? I've forgotten.

Edit: Such a classic post from this pillock I had to make it my signature.

Last edited:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I was listening on the radio, so not entirely sure, it sounded like we were pressed too high to play our game so his contribution was limited, but he did set up our goal. The player ratings thread will have some brief comments from people who were at the game.

Player Ratings Forest Away

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
How was Vicente yesterday?

Good as usual although not as impressive as Navarro
We weren't at the races yesterday and Cotterill done his prep work on us well
Vicente was shackled and not allowed to free roam as he normally does
I don't think we had a corner all game which was a shame as Vicente's corners/set pieces are different gravy
Our only effort on goal all game was his free-kick to Vokes
My main observation from yesterday is that Nottingham girls are very pretty
Might have to move up there with the amount of good-looking girls

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
How did Lynch celebrate scoring against his old club?
He was an arse at Brighton, glad we got rid. I only hope he won't have 'his part in pur downfall' when we total the points at the end of the season

There would have been many moments during the season both positive and negative ...can't c how u can single tht goal out without talking about those others.....such as Lamberts sending off...late goals we have scored etc etc

There would have been many moments during the season both positive and negative ...can't c how u can single tht goal out without talking about those others.....such as Lamberts sending off...late goals we have scored etc etc

"his part in our downfall" doesn't single his one goal out, does it?
It's another incidental, but if we missed out by a point it could be one of the incidentals.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
"his part in our downfall" doesn't single his one goal out, does it?
It's another incidental, but if we missed out by a point it could be one of the incidentals.

Ye see what u mean...as I guess u see what I am saying ..lots of incidentals ye

Ye see what u mean...as I guess u see what I am saying ..lots of incidentals ye

Yes, there are ways the luck evens itself out, and incidentals that contribute.
Maybe we are forced to establish our claim to be among the big boys by winning the points by force - crushing finer points into dust and just brushing aside the contenders who might now threaten our place in the playoffs. That would be 'fitting' whether we like it or not. Gus and the team have to make the play - never mind all the b/s about managing other clubs, or players who could make the grade at the top. Let's have them prove those indications for themselves.

The season always starts here, from our very next training, next tactic, team talk, and next match.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
No never been to a game, I'm always here on match days as you rightly point out, you must shadow me. Where do Brighton play again? I've forgotten.

Edit: Such a classic post from this pillock I had to make it my signature.

well being such a twat London Blue Im sure if you read your copy of the daily star it will let you know who Brighton are playing next Saturday and by the way we will be the team in blue and white and not red

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
well being such a twat London Blue Im sure if you read your copy of the daily star it will let you know who Brighton are playing next Saturday and by the way we will be the team in blue and white and not red

:lol: Comedy genius! Pillock!

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011

:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here