Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nottingham Forest vs Brighton & Hove Albion ***** Official Match Thread *****

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Listen MUPPETS, I've been to 18 of our 19 home games and 13 of our 20 away games this season. Who gives a f*** if I didn't go today? Nor did you two obviously.
This isn't about whether you've ever seen us play, it's about the fact you didn't see it today, yet thought the substitutions were wrong, and that Sparrow was a total twat, when the commentators said he shouldn't have been sent off (we don't know for sure yet).

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Great result again today...shame we couldn't hold on, but at least we didn't lose.

Good stuff lads. Starting to see a glimmer of daylight between us and Cardiff ....but again, win at home and draw away and we will be ok.

And on a personal note, hudds terrific result against Carlton and only 3 points off automatic.....doesn't get much better at the moment.

Bring on the boro

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Even before the match, I thought we had no obvious cover for Kazenga or Vicente should either of them get injured. Noone &/or Assulin would what I would have forecasted/chosen. This is just a small moan.

Their full backs could push forward because we did not have a winger on. We caught Forest on a good day.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
How do you know you don't? From my original post you've concluded I lack intelligence, don't go to The Amex and talk shit. All because I question some substitutions. Wow. Take a look at yourself and how you're spending your Saturday afternoon.

The opposite to how you are spending yours I would suggest, well in the anger management stakes. One is giving themselves high blood pressure and feeling the need to insult/abuse people... the other is having a glass of cider and feeling pleased we picked up a good point.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
How do you know you don't? From my original post you've concluded I lack intelligence, don't go to The Amex and talk shit. All because I question some substitutions. Wow. Take a look at yourself and how you're spending your Saturday afternoon.

This thread in Gold says the most about your intelligence and football knowledge.

Poyet is a joke / we're going down

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Just the 44 posts by [MENTION=659]fleet[/MENTION] in this thread to lead the way at the top of the "contributing" charts. :thumbsup:

I would have taken the 1-1 scoreline before the game kicked off, and on reflection, it's difficult to argue. They didn't deserve to lose, and probably deserved to win, but we scored against their brittle defence and they weren't going to score twice against us today. Draw is a fair result, but probably fairer to a Brighton fan than a Forest fan. And no, I wasn't there.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Jesus christ, look at my first words in my first post on this threat. "I am happy with a point from any away game in this division."

Do you understand what that means?

And with this I shall leave you to ramble your complete bollocks.

This thread in Gold says the most about your intelligence and football knowledge.

Poyet is a joke / we're going down

He tends to think he only makes isolated comments and we forget his previous crass posting.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Ladies and Gentleman.......And the winner of the post of the afternoon is............on the Palace board sent by CPaulFC...
"Brighton are proper pissing me off this seaon!"

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
lovely spring day....seems as though it has got a tad heated on this thread lol.

one point most we deserved? We've won a few with late goals..so there was always the chance we would concede one late ourselves....why peeps who didn't even go to the match are having a go at Sparrow beats me.

Should be a cracking match next saturday...cant wait!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Think they would probably disagree, they battered us second half. Still a point away from home is always a good result. I'd gladly take three more draws away from home this season.

Yep they disagree: Matchday 38: Nottingham Forest v Brighton Hove Albion, official matchday thread - Page 7

The first 30 mins was like a chess game - both teams probing and checking each other out.
From then on we dominated and put in a good team performance. Apart from their goal.
Guedioura was immense yet again. It really is a privilege to watch him play for my team.
Cunningham had his best game for a long time.

Their keeper was excellent and showed the advantage of having a keeper who commands his area and comes out to collect crosses. Didn't we used to have a keeper like that...

It was a bit worrying about the midfield losing out. Maybe we need a greater physical presence? Forest did not seem to create anything dangerous, more persistence than anything. Not much to be proud off. We shepherded them into positions where their crosses were not accurate enough. This is often the best that can be achieved away from home.

Last edited:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Yep they disagree: Matchday 38: Nottingham Forest v Brighton Hove Albion, official matchday thread - Page 7

The first 30 mins was like a chess game - both teams probing and checking each other out.
From then on we dominated and put in a good team performance. Apart from their goal.
Guedioura was immense yet again. It really is a privilege to watch him play for my team.
Cunningham had his best game for a long time.

Their keeper was excellent and showed the advantage of having a keeper who commands his area and comes out to collect crosses. Didn't we used to have a keeper like that...

It was a bit worrying about the midfield losing out. Maybe we need a greater physical presence? Forest did not seem to create anything dangerous, more persistence than anything. Not much to be proud off. We shepherded them into positions where their crosses were not accurate enough. This is often the best that can be achieved away from home.

interesting comment about Brez..good lad

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here