[Albion] NOT the 25 Man Squad - Loans, transfers and rumours

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Derby and Leeds fans were arguing a couple of seasons back about which of them had the best CB. Both thought they had the best CB in the division, and both were Brighton players on loan, Matt Clarke and Ben White. I think Matt Clarke has been unlucky in that we just have not needed him, I feel he was bought with half an expectation that Dunk would be headhunted by one of the bigger clubs, but with Burn sold, maybe this is his chance?
I am guessing we will want four CB's in the squad, obviously Dunk and Webster are starting most games, and assuming Ostigard is sold, it will be interesting to see which of Duffy, Van Hecke, Clarke and Roberts go or stay, all of them have just one year remaining of contract, my guess is Clarke and Duffy remain, and the other two go on loan, and longer term, I think we may well offer new contracts to all except Duffy.

No mention of Joel Veltman in your post? . . . he is primarily a centre back too!

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Any football news?

I see Mitoma is now here, which is good, hopefully we'll see some training footage tomorrow.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Twitter is now discussing Taylor Richards to QPR.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Looks like the Ostigard deal is finally sorted. Seems a dood deal; good luck to the young man.

https://football-italia.net/napoli-agree-fee-with-brighton-for-ostigard/

There is also an article in the Argus, but I can't read it so can't be arsed....................................

It appears that Chelsea are about to pay £34M to Napoli for a 31 year old CB in the last year of his contract (Koulibaly). Makes you wonder if the deal we did for Biss to Spurs was that good! Superb bit of business by Napoli though - replace your long serving CB with a much younger model and pocket well over £25M into the bargain.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/19153154/chelsea-transfer-kalidou-koulibaly-napoli-2/
(Sorry, it's only The S*n, but there are other sources too.)

Last edited:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Still no official confirmation of the Sima and Ostigard deals.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports