Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Not re-newing season ticket next year.........................

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
The club should simply do this VIA E-mail purley on cost, it may not be a big cost sending out 1500 letters to customers, but the Operational area of the club may not have the budget to use on this.

A simple email would be pretty easy to do I have recently set up one as part of our customer retention stratergy for the company I work for.

Exactly.

Simple automated email campaign, which costs the club virtually zero. Could lead to some good insights, but if not then nothing really lost. At the very minimum, it at least shows a willingness to keep open the lines of communication with presumably disenchanted fans.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I doubt it very much. We didn't sell out Millwall and that's a fun London outing. Orient? We never used to come close to selling out there. Fulham? Maybe...novelty value.

Sold out QPR on a Tuesday night; and the view from the away end there is shit.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
What? What exactly is someone from the club supposed to say to you? You're not renewing because you found the football boring (bit weird given that we'll have a new manager next year), so how is a phone call from the club going to change that? They've also been quite busy, what with the playoffs and people wanting tickets until Sunday, and all that's happened since. I didn't renew my season ticket at the Withdean one year, and no one called me then.

But they don't know what his reasons were. And presumably he would have not renewed in March where there weren't the admin pressures you referred to. Most succesful businesses ask customers why they are leaving the them, something very simple to resolve may be the reason.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I'm going to support Man Utd next season. Games at Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs, Southampton, Palace, West Ham and maybe QPR. Should be easy to get tickets!

NOT

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
What, Like the queuing at Brighton station before games, getting away, queuing for the bus even after the game in pissing rain waiting for ever. No atmosphere inside the ground.

Fact is it's highly likely he/she won't get tickets for these games as London games are normally sell outs before they go to general sale. And re: atmosphere (as the other things you mention aren't the clubs fault) when you travel around different cities and clubs you realise our atmosphere is actually quite good & the general match day experience is good considering the difficult location.

Makes me laugh, after years at withdean people complain about the Amex :lolol:

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Why bother? It isn't like there won't be people wanting to get hold of a season ticket.

It just helps you to get a bit of understanding around exactly why fans are choosing not to renew.

The club wouldn't get much insight from the OP's reasoning, but if they were to get a fair few responses from people complaining about an issue that could easily be resolved, it might be in their interests to address it.

But, as you say, no real worry at this time as there's still demand for STs.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Orient has sold out recently, the away end only holds about 1,000. Brentford holds 1,600 so will sell out easily. Charlton generally sells out. Millwall doesn't sell out because people are scared. Watford sells out, and Fulham will probably sell out.

Agreed, In recent years, Bournmouth, QPR, Charlton, Millwall have sold out. Millwall actually now give us the lower tier as well as we have started taking a few extra hundred there so shouldnt be a problem.

However Orient has sold out the last 3 or 4 times we have played them and I expect if they come up with Brentford will both sell out.

I cant see why Fulham wouldnt sell out too, although not sure of how many tickets would be for sale, 2000+ and you should be safe.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Sorry to see you go.

On the flip side I have purchased season tickets again for myself but also for my three sons along with [MENTION=616]Guinness Boy[/MENTION] and his son there will be 6 of us instead of the normal 2 next season.

Is there still a waiting list? That might be a reason why they are not asking.

This could be a good question for Mr Bloom in Bozza's post

And despite everything that's occurring I can't wait!

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
have been a season ticket holder since we were playing home games at Gillingham. Last year was so boring, can count the games I actually got passionate about on one hand. Really excited about all the London and close by away games we will have possibly, so have decided along with my son and 6 others who also have not renewed to go to away games only. Could be Orient & QPR, along with Brentford, Fulham, Millwall, Charlton, Watford & Reading. Bring it on. Also can't believe no one has been in touch from the club to find out why we haven't renewed, this club has changed for the worse, the people running the club now have no empathy with the fans, which is a very sad state of affairs.

Tony Bloom is on his way round now to hold your hand, dry your eyes and apologise for being beastly to you ....

He might also ask you, if the football is so boring at the Amex, why would it be any different when we play at London clubs? We'll have the same Chairman, manager and players as we do for home games...

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
I've renewed. I'm a Brighton fan, simple as that. Hopefully next year will bring in fresh players, a new manager with a new playing style. I will still moan about queues, poor catering, losing in the last minute but will also enjoy the ups and downs.
Isn't that what being a football fan is all about?
Also looking forward to many aways, hope we keep QPR and gain Orient.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Odd. I used to even get passionate about the shot we served up at Withdean during relegation battles! Surely as a proper fan it's in your genes?

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Orient has sold out recently, the away end only holds about 1,000. Brentford holds 1,600 so will sell out easily. Charlton generally sells out. Millwall doesn't sell out because people are scared. Watford sells out, and Fulham will probably sell out.

I've been to ll of these grounds and, Watford excepted, have been able to buy a ticket on the day with absolutely no hassle whatsoever.
If we're on a great run all bets are off of course.

All of the London games will be well attended but I doubt very much anyone wanting to go will be disapointed.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
Fact is it's highly likely he/she won't get tickets for these games as London games are normally sell outs before they go to general sale. And re: atmosphere (as the other things you mention aren't the clubs fault) when you travel around different cities and clubs you realise our atmosphere is actually quite good & the general match day experience is good considering the difficult location.

Makes me laugh, after years at withdean people complain about the Amex :lolol:

Believe it or not but I miss Withdean :(

Some of my best years there following the Albion, ups and downs but were great.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
But they don't know what his reasons were. And presumably he would have not renewed in March where there weren't the admin pressures you referred to.
Fair enough on the date. Whatever someone's reason, is a phone call going to change it? But my point is, his reason is that the football was boring, so a phone call wouldn't have changed his mind, so why is he complaining that the club didn't call when all he'd have done is moan about the boring football, and not renewed anyway?

Most succesful businesses ask customers why they are leaving the them
Ok. So we're not running as well as a business as we could. But the OP is complaining that we're too much like a business, with no empathy for our fans.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
So glad the club has the tact and understanding not to immediately hassle people who choose not to renew.

Could you imagine the storm of protest if they did!? :blush:

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I've been to ll of these grounds and, Watford excepted, have been able to buy a ticket on the day with absolutely no hassle whatsoever.
If we're on a great run all bets are off of course.

All of the London games will be well attended but I doubt very much anyone wanting to go will be disapointed.

Think about when you went though? clearly wouldn't have been in the last couple of seasons.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
I wouldn’t give up my season-ticket for a night in a steamy boudoir with the ten sexiest women on earth.

Snowy

Jul 14, 2003
Perranporth
I changed from a single payment to Direct Debit for my 2014/15 Season Ticket and, presumably due to the confusion casued by this, I did get a "general" email from the Club noting their disappointment that I hadn't renewed and suggesting that I could always change to monthly payments if it helped.

I replied telling them what had happened and I got an immediate personal reply apologising for their error.

I'm surprised to hear that no-one else who hasn't renewed didn't get any similar email or other communication.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Fair enough on the date. Whatever someone's reason, is a phone call going to change it? But my point is, his reason is that the football was boring, so a phone call wouldn't have changed his mind, so why is he complaining that the club didn't call when all he'd have done is moan about the boring football, and not renewed anyway?

Ok. So we're not running as well as a business as we could. But the OP is complaining that we're too much like a business, with no empathy for our fans.

I don't they should call all those that don't renew (that would be mental use of time and money). I would have thought a link to online survey be included in the standard cancellation email asking why you left, what could be improved, what could have given you second thoughts that sort of stuff.

At the moment we're in a good place and lots of responses will be silly, but it could be very useful to club in the long-run to have that to fall back on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here