Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Not re-newing season ticket next year.........................

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
I'm also not renewing, though it was a solely financial decision rather than for anything flouncy.

I'm not entirely sure why the club would want to get in touch with you or I to find out why we cancelled, it's not like we won't be replaced (the thought of someone else in my seat is rather upsetting though) and I don't see what insight they'd gain from it that they couldn't get from a variety of other channels.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
I wouldn't be parted from my season ticket for anything less than the winning numbers for tonight's Lotto draw (and I want them before 6pm today).

This would then allow me to buy my season ticket back in the morning.

Win-win.

:bigwave: :cheers:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
In fairness to the ticket office/renewals/club, they will, I'm sure, contact everybody who haven't renewed their season tickets but they are probably extremely busy dealing with the 22,000 or so who have or are wanting to move to new seats or arrange their car parking for next season.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
It certainly wouldn't take much for the club to build an automated email campaign to be sent to non-renewals.
Not sure the club would gain a lot from this. The OP would say to the club "last year was boring and the club has no empathy with fans". The club would respond, a) what has last year got to do with anything and b) do you want a cuddle?

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
One thing to point out re the above though. As away games are tiered on points to guarantee seats for London games I would guess you would need to be a season ticket holder. Fulham/Orient/Brentford I would guess would sell out to ST before going on general sale.

I doubt it very much. We didn't sell out Millwall and that's a fun London outing. Orient? We never used to come close to selling out there. Fulham? Maybe...novelty value.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
If you have made the decision to cancel, for whatever reason be that financial/family/boring football, why would you want or expect a survey? It won't help you, might help the club but that is up to them, surely?

I am sure that when the new manager is announced and you see all of the new signings, you will be able to get another ST, if you're quick! :thumbsup:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Agree on both of these points.

It certainly wouldn't take much for the club to build an automated email campaign to be sent to non-renewals.

The OP will certainly struggle for many of the London games, I'd have thought.

The club did contact people after the first season about renewals. I was phoned by them asking for my reasons. I decided to renew again. They certainly didn't bother this season though.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
tumblr_m6xq3bN9B41qld9iuo1_400.gif

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Not sure the club would gain a lot from this. The OP would say to the club "last year was boring and the club has no empathy with fans". The club would respond, a) what has last year got to do with anything and b) do you want a cuddle?

Take your point regarding the OP in particular, but the club might gain some useful insights from the aggregated data of all non-renewals. Like I say, probably wouldn't cost them that much to implement and see.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
:wrong:

What a poor thought out plan.

1. When did you decide this, March? What would you have done if we had gone up?

2. why would you get rid of it now after three of the most exciting seasons in recent history as a fan?

3. If you have had a season ticket since the Gillingham days this is the first time you have left, how has thing got worse if you never new they contacted fans before. (This has never been practice as I left when I was 19 as I could no longer afford an adult ticket.)

4. How do you suppose you are going to get away tickets for such popular games when you will have very little points, you will have approx 25,000 fans infront of you in the queue.

No offense but I hope you regret this short sighted decsion you are making, however lucky for you there are still season tickets available for next season.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Also can't believe no one has been in touch from the club to find out why we haven't renewed, this club has changed for the worse, the people running the club now have no empathy with the fans, which is a very sad state of affairs.
What? What exactly is someone from the club supposed to say to you? You're not renewing because you found the football boring (bit weird given that we'll have a new manager next year), so how is a phone call from the club going to change that? They've also been quite busy, what with the playoffs and people wanting tickets until Sunday, and all that's happened since. I didn't renew my season ticket at the Withdean one year, and no one called me then.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I've cancelled my daughter's ST for next season (as she'll share my sons as neither come to all the games all the time anyway), and they sent this which is pretty much what I expected:

Thank you for notifying us of your wish to cancel your season ticket(s) for the 2014/15 season.

I am writing to confirm that your seat(s) have now been cancelled and released for sale.
We are sorry to lose you as a season ticket holder at the Albion but hope you will still have the opportunity to visit us at the Amex next season.
Kind regards

Supporter Services

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
I doubt it very much. We didn't sell out Millwall and that's a fun London outing. Orient? We never used to come close to selling out there. Fulham? Maybe...novelty value.

Away end at Millwall is much larger than others, coupled with the fact we have been in the same division as them for many years. People also dont like going there (no idea why) but I do accept your point on Orient.

It all comes down to how we are playing. Challenging at the top of the division and the games will sell out. Floundering around mid table and we wont.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
have been a season ticket holder since we were playing home games at Gillingham. Last year was so boring, can count the games I actually got passionate about on one hand. Really excited about all the London and close by away games we will have possibly, so have decided along with my son and 6 others who also have not renewed to go to away games only. Could be Orient & QPR, along with Brentford, Fulham, Millwall, Charlton, Watford & Reading. Bring it on. Also can't believe no one has been in touch from the club to find out why we haven't renewed, this club has changed for the worse, the people running the club now have no empathy with the fans, which is a very sad state of affairs.

Well I AM renewing my ticket, along with those of the two junior Bobkins.

Not sure I'll bother starting a new thread about it, though :shrug:

Can't wait :albion2: When are the fixtures out? :lol:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

Orient has sold out recently, the away end only holds about 1,000. Brentford holds 1,600 so will sell out easily. Charlton generally sells out. Millwall doesn't sell out because people are scared. Watford sells out, and Fulham will probably sell out.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Take your point regarding the OP in particular, but the club might gain some useful insights from the aggregated data of all non-renewals. Like I say, probably wouldn't cost them that much to implement and see.

The club should simply do this VIA E-mail purley on cost, it may not be a big cost sending out 1500 letters to customers, but the Operational area of the club may not have the budget to use on this.

A simple email would be pretty easy to do I have recently set up one as part of our customer retention stratergy for the company I work for.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
Cheerio!

Half of those away games have a dreadful matchday experience compared to the Amex.

What, Like the queuing at Brighton station before games, getting away, queuing for the bus even after the game in pissing rain waiting for ever. No atmosphere inside the ground.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here