Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Not Another Club In This Division Fit To Lick Our Boots. Fact.

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
I have to agree it is a little bit premature to be shouting from the roof-tops and there is a danger of it all blowing-up in our faces...But, I do agree with the sentiment of the original post. We are the best team in this division and play a brand of football which is light years ahead of any other team in our league. It is a testament to us that other teams have to seriously adapt their style of play to combat us...Even Southampton had to work extremely hard to press us all over the pitch just to upset us and prevent us getting into our rhythm, well this and our decidedly average first half performance. Saints tactics pretty much worked but they put so much effort into stopping us they could only keep it going for about 50mins but them and Peterborough for about 25mins today have been the only teams to give us any sort of test.

Anyway, onwards and upwards...

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Littlehampton BHA

Helter

Jan 4, 2010
We're not arrogant. The league table shows that we are factually correct when praising our team. The likes of Southampton and Sheffield Wednesday, who could be 8 and 12 points behind respectively when we win our game in hand, have no justification for backing theirs.

You've answered my post for me. you're the man :laugh:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
ERM......Tom mate. I think Huddersfield would disagree with your statement.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I'm on the fence with this. Part of me wants to tubthump, because I truly believe that tactically, mentally and ability wise we are the best club in this division by far. Today was a significant milestone, the 23rd game, half way through the season. We are on 46 points. Do the same again and we would be on 92 points. I thought it might be interesting to look at the top two over the last 5 seasons and the teams they finished just above...

09-10
Norwich 95
Leeds 86
(Millwall 85)

08-09
Leicester 96
Peterborough 89
(MK Dons 87)

07-08
Swansea 92
Notts Forest 82
(Doncaster 80)

06-07
Scunthorpe 91
Bristol City 85
(Blackpool 83)

05-06
Southend 82
Colchester 79
(Brentford 76)

So, do the same again and we win the title three out of five times. Also, if you look at the games that the eventual champions lost, most of the chasing pack would need to go near enough unbeaten in the second half of the season to win the league and I can't see any of them (except for Southampton), having much of a chance of doing that. Historically speaking, 88 points is enough for second place even in a competitive season and MK Dons lost ELEVEN games when they got 88 points. In 2005 Colchester went up from a mediocre league one with a measley 79 points. We'd only need 33 points (eleven wins) from 23 games to do that.

The big concern is injuries and the transfer window. We've been fairly fortunate (Navarro apart) so far with injuries and Bennett absolutely must stay. Looking bloody good though!

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Rubbish league1 this season? See how the sides who got promoted last year are doing. Mostly the same players and teams in the league this year and Norwich / Leeds weren't that far ahead. Even if this year's are a bit weaker than last, still got to be better than a handfull of Champ clubs. Just not alot of consistancy at this level maybe due to squad depths.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
If we continue doing what we're doing and that is winning against the teams below us, and not worrying about Southampton, Huddersfield etc. We'll be fine, but I'm not getting carried away, because there is still a very long way to go untill the end of the season. And we've still got to play the Huddersfield, Sheffield Wednesday, Scumhampton down at Withers. So the points against the bottom clubs and mid-table clubs are very vital now till we'll play the big three.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
If we continue doing what we're doing and that is winning against the teams below us, and not worrying about Southampton, Huddersfield etc. We'll be fine, but I'm not getting carried away, because there is still a very long way to go untill the end of the season. And we've still got to play the Huddersfield, Sheffield Wednesday, Scumhampton down at Withers. So the points against the bottom clubs and mid-table clubs are very vital now till we'll play the big three.

Indeed, the fact is it is only half time in the season, played 23 and 23 to go.

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
If we continue doing what we're doing and that is winning against the teams below us, and not worrying about Southampton, Huddersfield etc.

So winning against EVERY team we play?

Said it, oh about three posts up, but happy to repeat it again for the hard of understanding...

Bit rude.

We're not arrogant. The league table shows that we are factually correct when praising our team. The likes of Southampton and Sheffield Wednesday, who could be 8 and 12 points behind respectively when we win our game in hand, have no justification for backing theirs.

That's all very well, but some people are forgetting we are still in JANUARY, the season doesn't finish till May.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I am actually inclined to agree.

I've not been impressed by any other team this season and looking at our starting team today, I wouldnt actually swap any of them for any other players in the division. Add in the fact that we have the best manager outside the premier league and it is looking good for us.

We have also had our bad run where we didn't win a game for 2 months and yet our supposed rivals still couldn't catch us. I think the next two games are massive for us. If we can take 4 points from them then I would say promotion is in the bag as in my opinion we have quite a straight forward run of games in February and March and by the end of March I could see us being 10/12 points clear.

And i'm glad to see some arrogance/confidence from Albion fans, normally we're full of negativity!

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Totally agree. I'll drink a cup of my own piss before kick off at Notts County if we're not already promoted prior to that match.

Given your penchant for being proved wrong so often I find this post more than a little disturbing, the NHS has enough problems as it is.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
I think we are brilliant currently but the problem is with these "aren't we wonderful, unbeatable" threads they make me nervous. We are 4 points clear and a way to go to the end of the season so I just hope and pray we hang on in there and keep winning.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here