Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Not Another Ashley Barnes Thread

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
We dealt with Abraham quite well, both home and away. I know we have a good defensive line up, but it was still a Championship back four.

I agree we did. I think however you are doing our defense a disservice. It was the best if not the second best in the league. You could say Nottingham Forests defence was a championship defence. They are not comparible,

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I agree we did. I think however you are doing our defense a disservice. It was the best if not the second best in the league. You could say Nottingham Forests defence was a championship defence. They are not comparible,

My point was that Abraham may have pace, but he doesn't have guile.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
We dealt with Abraham quite well, both home and away. I know we have a good defensive line up, but it was still a Championship back four.

Spot on.

You would think that only-Championship-proven-so-far TA was the answer to all our PL striking prayers, the hype he's been given since he failed to score against us at The Amex.

He'll probably develop into a very good target man, but he isn't a pace merchant (Defoe, Mane, Vardy).

He's off to Geordies anyway.

For the Albion, I hope we bring in both a target man and a pacey striker, who can score at the highest level.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here