Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Norwich - Time To Get Our Mojo Back

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Pitiful state of affairs that the club's season-defining game rests on somehow trying to scrape a win against Norwich f*cking City

If we win all will be forgotten and Europe is back on. Loose and we're doomed to be playing MK Dons next season

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
A draw seems the most probable outcome, but I just can't bare the thought of a 7th loss in a row. Especially given the 3 matches to follow. Have we ever lost 10 on the trot?

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
As she is now is what l meant!

images (2).jpeg

el punal

A draw seems the most probable outcome, but I just can't bare the thought of a 7th loss in a row. Especially given the 3 matches to follow. Have we ever lost 10 on the trot?

Yes! In 1972/73 season we were in the old Division 2. We lost 13(!!) consecutive games including an FA Cup tie. We then won against Luton and then lost another 2. Um, we were relegated that year. :shrug:

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
We will be up for this one, I predict the crowd will be lively. The team needs to follow suit. If I were Potter, as a one off for this game, I’d actually turn us round if we win the toss and attack the north first half. Show absolute intent from the first minute, go for the momentum, the crowd WILL keep that going if the team do. Get into them,**** them up.
Start 11 players who can provide ENERGY, that means no Gross and no Duffy.

However there is a real danger that the crowd will turn if at 0-0 we start playing across the back with no real purpose. Does anyone know if Webster is back training?

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
We're joint bottom of the PL form table with Norwich although we are just above them on a more favourable negative goal difference. We have both lost the last 6 games. We're crap and they're crap the only real difference being that they've been crap all season and we started well until Saudi FC came calling and Villa tapped up Bissouma. We won't win (see our home record) and they won't win (see their record) so a nerve-bitingly tense, appalling game of football beckons with a 1-1 draw the likely outcome. Or we'll win 6-0.

1-1? We're going to score??

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
The last time I saw us play Norwich was at the Withdean in 2002. We lost 2-0, and the most memorable part of the match was the Norwich fans singing "we shoot burglars" because the Tony Martin case was in the news. I took my girlfriend of the time to her first ever - and probably only ever - Brighton game for that match, and we split up days after which may or may not be related. Hoping for a better outcome this weekend!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I fear a 1 nil defeat with Norwich scoring from a scuffed deflected shot from their only attack and albion ballooning 10 shots at open goals over the bar.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
I fear a 1 nil defeat with Norwich scoring from a scuffed deflected shot from their only attack and albion ballooning 10 shots at open goals over the bar.

Funnily enough I had a dream last night which was very nearly this scenario. Instead of a scuffed shot they scored from a cross coming in deep from the left, it flew straight in to the top right hand corner.
We huffed and puffed but the game fizzled out.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Hardly imaginative is it? :lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Under Jeff Wood, wasn't it?

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Usually within reason I’m a performance and progress over results type (within reason) but this game feels like a 1-0 win with a clearance bouncing in off our striker’s ass would be better than dominating a game in ever phase and not scoring. Chance to get a boost and then pick up some odd points against big sides or the time we slump further and get in a real rutt

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
0-0, isn't it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here