Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Norwich & Swansea Coming in for Bridcutt

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
£5m for Bridcutt? Spurs signed Van Der Vaart for £8m. Totally unrealistic.

Southampton got £10 million for Oxlade-Chamberlain. Huddersfield are after £5 million for Rhodes. We bought CMS for £3 million.
Also, Real were desperate to offload Van Der Vaart, hence why they let him go on the cheap. Poor analogy really.
We don't need to sell Bridcutt. I'm sure we don't want to sell Bridcutt, so why should we roll over and let ANOTHER of our best players leave for a paltry sum?

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
There is a massive difference in potentially selling Noone and Dunk to Bridcutt as the other two have effective cover already. Bridcutt is the only midfielder in his position who can make the team tick, as is proven every time he doesn't play. There are also not many other midfielders out there who are similar to Bridcutt. Unless anyone offers silly money they should be sent packing with a very big flea in their ear. Even if he wants to go, tough shit, you're under contract so pull your socks up and get on with it like a professional.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
How does a contract of the next year and a half, equate to:-

JUST 18 months left on his current deal and could leave for a cut-price fee of around £1million.?

Last edited:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
£5m for Bridcutt? Spurs signed Van Der Vaart for £8m. Totally unrealistic.

That's not the point... you put up a 'silly' price tags to ward off other clubs...

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
The more I read of this the more it smacks of agent talk tbh. The agent has seen what happened with Crofts and Bennett, so he links his player with Norwich AGAIN, along with another newly promoted side.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
There is a massive difference in potentially selling Noone and Dunk to Bridcutt as the other two have effective cover already. Bridcutt is the only midfielder in his position who can make the team tick, as is proven every time he doesn't play. There are also not many other midfielders out there who are similar to Bridcutt. Unless anyone offers silly money they should be sent packing with a very big flea in their ear. Even if he wants to go, tough shit, you're under contract so pull your socks up and get on with it like a professional.

This... when will players realise that a contract is a contract is a contract?

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008
That's not the point... you put up a 'silly' price tags to ward off other clubs...

WhingforPresident said that "I would be really disappointed if we sold him for a penny under £5 million"

I would be amazed if we got anywhere near that figure if he were to leave.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
The one player we have to say SORRY NOT FOR SALE?

Just got in and seen this thread.Havn't read it all as i am a bit numb about it really but i think CAPTAIN GREALISH sums it up for me.I thought we were building for next season?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
You are all pissing your pants over a report on the radio equivalent of the Sun!

It's what happens when you have success, teams higher up the football food chain want to buy your better players. Doesn't mean we are going to sell him.

I also don't think Bridcutt is good enough for the Prem at the moment so would he be starting for either side?

I had been thinking this myself as there's nothing anywhere else to say that either team are interested in him. That article also says he would be interested in a move, so that is presupposing that either club has already talked to him. I suspect Talksport of a bit of rumour mongering here and when you consider that Adrian Durham is a Posh fan, what ideal way to unsettle fans just before we play them? Conspiracy theory maybe, but it wouldn't surprise me.

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
Sorry if fixtures - from talksport

Norwich and Swansea will go head-to-head to sign Brighton youngster Liam Bridcutt.
The former Chelsea academy product is enjoying an excellent debut season in the Championship with the Seagulls .

it's bollocks. Why? As this is not his debut season as he was signed August 2010!

He has also played in the Championship before for Watford.

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
Can you all please stop shitting yourselves now?

It's hardly surprising that teams are interested in our best players, until we actually sell one I'm not worried.....

Drpepper

Nov 23, 2011
Sussex
If we want to become a force in the championship selling bridcutt would be the worst decision possible.he has been our best player by a COUNTRY MILE this season. Rarely has a bad game just so reliable.would sell any of the other players infront of bridders and that includes CMS.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Other than Fashanu, who of note have we taken off Norwich?

Why do they keep fleecing us?

As others have said, Fash came from County. As for players from Norwich, Ian Mellor, Andy Rollings, Martin Chivers.

THIS. Oh my god, only 18 months ?, whatever shall we do. Entirely possible we could be above both sides by then.

What shall we do? Perhaps we should be negotiating an extension to tie him down rather than let the contract clock run down, again.
This... when will players realise that a contract is a contract is a contract?

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
All clubs are welcome to come in for our players but they have to be sensible with their offers, i.e. Cardiff and their joke of an offer.

Bridcutt will have his price and Premiership football is the lure again. So we wait and see but Norwich will soon have our desired first 11.

How I wish we had Bennett back, he has been a massive loss this season, he use to set up so many goals.... CMS would have appreciated him in our team thats for sure.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Hate to say it but take a leaf out of Palace books...as soon as interest was shown in Clyne and Zaha they stuck them on an extended contract....that alone puts the price up!

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Hate to say it but take a leaf out of Palace books...as soon as interest was shown in Clyne and Zaha they stuck them on an extended contract....that alone puts the price up!

Or leaves them with high wages and players that they can't sell if their form drops in a years time. They want 10m for Zaha, he is good but f*ck me he isn't that good.

Don't forget this is the club that couldn't afford to pay St Johns not so long ago. They don't know how to run a market stall in their cockney wannabe dream land.

(We did extend Bennets contract if you remember... but still sold him, same will happen with Zaha in time).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here