Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Norwich lowlights now up on BBC

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
As I posted on Monday..

I like Dicker and he and Crofts are the best centre-mid pair we have had in a while. B ut he does get caught in possession in our half too often and that came home to roost Saturday. Sometimes he needs to play the simple ball or even the ocassional hoof is better than getting caught out.
PG

see goal 2
PG___

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
Poor old Graham Smith. The first was a repeat of Leeds first on saturday. Feel genuinely sorry for him, but he's just not that good.

Mind you, Tommy Elphick's own goal was laughable.

Roll on Rushden - I believe we're now officially a 'wounded animal'.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Smith at fault for 4th but think harsh to blame him for others, rather abject defending and basic mistakes. We've been conceding absurdly soft goals for well over a season and a half now. Surely time to think of playing 5 at the back to stop the rot.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
No sign of Dickinson's miss or the ice-hockey punch up
They were the real highlights

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I can't get over this.

What the HELL is that?

Jocko, Whing, Elphick, Dicker - jesus CHRIST

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Yup, that's how I remembered it. Painful.

:facepalm:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
The most alarming for me is the third when clearly the defence is waiting for that Kuipers call and dominance and instead Smith stands on his line. Good grief man, get some balls.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
The most alarming for me is the third when clearly the defence is waiting for that Kuipers call and dominance and instead Smith stands on his line. Good grief man, get some balls.

There was a similar type thing (I think before the third goal) where Smith came running out for the cross, punched it clear, taking out Elphick, and we got a free kick for the foul on Elphick even though Smith took him out.

Anyway, what Im saying is that there is a severe lack of commanding of the area from Smith.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I remember another classic Albion own goal at Norwich from the 80s

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
The defending for all the goals was shocking and worryingly 3 of the 4 were pretty much down our right side (even the free kick went in on that side). Whing really is struggling would say he was at fault for at least 1 or 2 of Leeds goals as well.
Smith had a mare on the first one not really sure what he was trying to do but blaming him for the others is harsh. According to the radio he made some good saves but they are not shown. The free kick is the most difficult to defend against because it is in-swinging, come to early and it could cut him out to late and the forwards have a chance to get there before him, and the actual free kick was going out before god knows what happened at the back post, was Elphick pushed or did he just fall? If we had scored it can guarantee we would be saying it was a good delivery not a word about the oppo keeper

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I'm struggling to understand how the long balls that resulted in the first goal and Leeds second on Saturday were not met by defensive headers. Are they just wusses?

Set of Tracksuits

Oct 27, 2003
Leicester
I didn't realise how bad Smith's positioning was for the first one until seeing it again there. What the f*** was he doing?

The second one has got Sunday League written all over it, I went ape shit at Cox on the night but Dicker is probably more to blame. No-one closes the goalscorer down properly either.

Smith again has got to take the blame for the third, the ball's in the six yard box at knee height when Elphick nods it in, what's he doing stuck on his line?

Can't be arsed to watch the fourth.

It was evident at least twice (Elphick unneccessarily heading away in the first half when the ball would have run through to Smith and then going spare at him for not getting a shout in the second) that there's little or no communication or trust between Smith and the two centre halves.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
That was depressing to see. Every goal comes from either our inability to commit a player to make a challenge and/or dodgy goalkeeping.

I'm sure Smith can improve but he needs to be playing with an organised defence first. His confidence is clearly totally shot.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here