Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Norwich - huge crowd

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Can't understand why the remainder of E1H has not been released yet as there are no tickets together left on sale and some might not want to buy tickets apart.

Isn't E1H where the club house club guests? (I know we have the new players lounge and seating area too)

Surely a higher demand game all round means higher demand here and therefore more freebies?

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
115 + 66 in E1H

Impressive.

I think you mean E1DH 1901 east (£60 seats including programme).

but yes, impressive, looks like we will just about sell out.

Be nice if as many STHs could turn up, get behind the team and stay to the end for such a big game. Remember the SW atmosphere?Let's go there again.

PG

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I think you mean E1DH 1901 east (£60 seats including programme).

but yes, impressive, looks like we will just about sell out.

Be nice if as many STHs could turn up, get behind the team and stay to the end for such a big game. Remember the SW atmosphere?Let's go there again.

PG

I've never been at a game with an atmosphere like that Sheffield Wednesday one. That was utterly incredible, and it was a unique set of circumstances that made it that way. Sadly I don't see that ever being repeated for a mid-season league game, important though it is.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I've never been at a game with an atmosphere like that Sheffield Wednesday one. That was utterly incredible, and it was a unique set of circumstances that made it that way. Sadly I don't see that ever being repeated for a mid-season league game, important though it is.

You and David Blunkett both: "Well I’ve never experienced anything, in the many years I’ve been a Sheffield Wednesday supporter, like the first quarter of that game last night.

It was a forcefield. It was a forcefield on the pitch and off it. The sound was unbelievable, the emotion was so high that we were all holding our heads in our hands and literally shaking.

Politics and football drive you mad and lift you up, and on this occasion we were very, very fortunate."

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
Can't understand why the remainder of E1H has not been released yet as there are no tickets together left on sale and some might not want to buy tickets apart.

If you try and buy one from the Norwich website the price is £36. That suggests they may have been given at least some of E1H and that they have sold out of their allocation behind the goal.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
You and David Blunkett both: "Well I’ve never experienced anything, in the many years I’ve been a Sheffield Wednesday supporter, like the first quarter of that game last night.

It was a forcefield. It was a forcefield on the pitch and off it. The sound was unbelievable, the emotion was so high that we were all holding our heads in our hands and literally shaking.

Politics and football drive you mad and lift you up, and on this occasion we were very, very fortunate."
I love that quote. Incredible from a man who has experienced Sheffield Wednesday's fans so many times at home and away.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

I'd not seen that quote before, but it sums it up perfectly. The sound from us that night wasn't even in direct reaction to what was happening on the pitch at the time - it was just a constant, deafening roar, a cacophony of noise tumbling down from the stands and enveloping the whole stadium like nothing I'd ever heard before - ANYWHERE - at a football match. It makes my hairs stand up just thinking of it. Until...well, I'm not even going there.

If we could replicate that at every home game though, you could just wrap up the title and give it to us now. I doubt I'll ever hear such a sound like that again at an Albion match though. Which makes me proud and sad at the same time.

el punal

I'd not seen that quote before, but it sums it up perfectly. The sound from us that night wasn't even in direct reaction to what was happening on the pitch at the time - it was just a constant, deafening roar, a cacophony of noise tumbling down from the stands and enveloping the whole stadium like nothing I'd ever heard before - ANYWHERE - at a football match. It makes my hairs stand up just thinking of it. Until...well, I'm not even going there.

If we could replicate that at every home game though, you could just wrap up the title and give it to us now. I doubt I'll ever hear such a sound like that again at an Albion match though. Which makes me proud and sad at the same time.

As you say it was unique, and an absolute privilege to have been there and witnessed it. One thing, one amazing thing, is that every Albion fan that night gave their all in supporting our wonderful team. It can be repeated, and will, I have no doubt. It shows that we have the passion and commitment to match ANY other club's support when it matters.

If you try and buy one from the Norwich website the price is £36. That suggests they may have been given at least some of E1H and that they have sold out of their allocation behind the goal.

This is a very good point, but if so, how will they access E1H, as it shares the same ESL concourse and the divider, AFAIK only separates at E1G.

Also, if they did have E1H, it would suggest a larger allocation than 2700.

Less than 100 regular tickets remain

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013

Could not agree more. I think that the announcement that Knocky and Sidders were playing, when all had given up hope, started the fire. The team also got the fans going in their warm-up routine, by running to each corner as a team, which they do not normally do. My wife, who says she is not interested, had the match on and was amazed at the noise. On occasion on here, we do get posts about how quiet the Albion fans are and that it is not a working class area with passionate fans etc etc and I have always counteracted that with mention of the tremendous atmosphere that can be generated, dating back from the Goldstone time. We can be as raucous as any other set of fans, given the right circumstances. I suspect that the atmosphere on Saturday will be highly-charged, but perhaps not quite the same as that Sheff Wed match, though probably not far-off. It would be a good start if all could get to their place for fanzone to set the tone.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

That's one game I've kept on the TiVo box..came home from the game and watched it all over again ..well the first half that is

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
As you say it was unique, and an absolute privilege to have been there and witnessed it. One thing, one amazing thing, is that every Albion fan that night gave their all in supporting our wonderful team. It can be repeated, and will, I have no doubt. It shows that we have the passion and commitment to match ANY other club's support when it matters.

It was great. The club released a very short clip of the teams coming out to SBTS, it sounded deafening. I think they were going to show the whole rendition but I've not seen it.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Could not agree more. I think that the announcement that Knocky and Sidders were playing, when all had given up hope, started the fire. The team also got the fans going in their warm-up routine, by running to each corner as a team, which they do not normally do. My wife, who says she is not interested, had the match on and was amazed at the noise. On occasion on here, we do get posts about how quiet the Albion fans are and that it is not a working class area with passionate fans etc etc and I have always counteracted that with mention of the tremendous atmosphere that can be generated, dating back from the Goldstone time. We can be as raucous as any other set of fans, given the right circumstances. I suspect that the atmosphere on Saturday will be highly-charged, but perhaps not quite the same as that Sheff Wed match, though probably not far-off. It would be a good start if all could get to their place for fanzone to set the tone.

I was queuing at the fish and chip van when the starting 11 was tweeted........'knocky's playing !' spread like wildfire through the crowds outside and there was an almost palpable lift even then. Can't wait for Saturday.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

I think it was a combination of the burning injustice of The Complete And Utter Shyster and Boro, allayed with the incredible misfortune of Hillsborough, the marvellous "chin up, this ain't f-kin' over" defiance of Liam Rosenior in the immediate aftermath to the fans, Knockaert starting, and the sheer desperation and BELIEF that we could turn that tie round. All those factors combined to make the single most unbelievable atmosphere I've ever experienced. Like I said, I've never heard anything like it in all my years of supporting the Albion, never heard anything like that anywhere in a football ground. That really was something else.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
I think it was a combination of the burning injustice of The Complete And Utter Shyster and Boro, allayed with the incredible misfortune of Hillsborough, the marvellous "chin up, this ain't f-kin' over" defiance of Liam Rosenior in the immediate aftermath to the fans, Knockaert starting, and the sheer desperation and BELIEF that we could turn that tie round. All those factors combined to make the single most unbelievable atmosphere I've ever experienced. Like I said, I've never heard anything like it in all my years of supporting the Albion, never heard anything like that anywhere in a football ground. That really was something else.

Yes, fully agree. After so much bad luck throughout the campaign, this was the moment that really got everyone going.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here