Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Northants v Sussex County Championship 23-09-14 10.30 start

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Rubbish by sussex and when they bat they will make it look so easy and get a massive score and Sussex will be hanging on for a draw against a really really poor side

The only thing that can save us now is War, Death, Famine and Pestilence, trouble is, the first three are tied up in West Africa and Syria and Pestilence has been cited for a dodgy bowling action. We're stuffed .

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Is it STILL the cricket season? :ohmy:

Assumed they'd packed up weeks ago. I thought the season had to be done by the time Tesco started selling mince pies.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington

Assumed they'd packed up weeks ago. I thought the season had to be done by the time Tesco started selling mince pies.

Blame the ECB for royally plucking up the fixtures, County Championship games now get played in Spring and Autumn......

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
There's eight County Championship matches being played, and 57 wickets have already fallen today.

In the end we had one of the better days (albeit against poorest team) in both Divisions.

85 wickets went in day in the 8 matches with only 2 matches still on 1st innings (and in the other, Yorkshire are 9 down). Amazing!

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
52 run partnership between Goff and Zaidi, getting our batsmen out of trouble, again.

Will only get to hear what happens tomorrow in the evening, lets hope we can drag the game into a third day...

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex showed today one of the reasons they'll finish in the top half of Division 1 - a decent lower middle order. It's not surprising they're useful, having honed their skills after a summer full of top order collapses.

It's looking like 3rd place at the mo.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
So Wells equals his highest score of season and flies past Tredwell in 4 day batting averages by 0.06 of a run to 31.2 (26 innings)!

Anyone recall our last season when a Sussex opener didn't get a century all season in any format?

Bit unfair to say "in any format" as LW hardly plays one-day stuff. If you're asking how long since a regular opener failed to get a championship century, I'd say it was more recent than you think (don't know the answer but we've had some ropey seasons before)

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle

Tescos selling mince pies......????

Oh, please let this be true.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Tescos selling mince pies......????

Oh, please let this be true.

They've been flogging them in my local Tesco for several weeks now. Presumably with a Best Before date of October.

Sainsbury's definitely have them on the shelves, as I saw [MENTION=687]Carrot Cruncher[/MENTION] ranting about it via social media yesterday :lolol:

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Icelands in HH have mince pies if you are desperate for some.

I wouldn't go so far as to say I am desperate...( but I am), but I love Tesco mince pies.

Custard , ice-cream and mince pies.......heaven on earth.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Bit unfair to say "in any format" as LW hardly plays one-day stuff.

You aren't wrong. His 20/20 batting record this season- innings 3 - runs 4 - not outs 0.

26 x 4 day innings and not 1 century. Not good enough if we have aspirations of challenging for titles. You have to blame the management blindly picking him as an opener. Maybe drop him down order (as per successful second innings at Trent Bridge). Otherwise he's rapidly becoming our new Joe Gatting.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here