Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*** Northampton Town v Brighton & Hove Albion Carling Cup 1st Round *** Official !!

philsussex

Dec 9, 2006
Good Old Sussex By the Sea
I would agree, the plus from tonight could be that it will make Poyet realise that although our first choice starting XI may be good enough our squad isnt. The back up is poor and hopefully we have seen both Poke and Whing in a Brighton shirt for the last time as both were abysmal. The 2 Argies are not ready although Battipeidi did better in the 2nd half. Hart and Holroyd showed that they are not the answer as goalscorers.

It's good that this lesson was learnt in a cup game and not the league. Shame it was at the expense of Navarro though.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I think the main problem with playing so many reserves is that it doesn't really give any of them a fair chance. While Whing and Poke stood out as very poor, I though Battipiedi, for example, did okay in the second half and in a full team with only a couple of changes from Saturday may well have been effective.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Apart from the fact we played some reserves? Didn't we have a player sent off too?

Cardiff lost to Northampton so they will won the league ;)

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
TBF that was mostly the reserves in league 1.

But still!

Poke

El-Abd
Elphick
Whing
Painter

Batti
Dicker
Sparrow
Baz
Hart

Holroyd

to

Kuszczak

Calderon
Greer
Upson
Bridge

Bridcutt
Hammond
Crofts
Lopez
Orlandi

Ulloa

:clap:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I do wonder what people are thinking when they see this on page 1

My thought was "oh yeah, we had that 3-0 loss to lower league team at the start of the season, I bet there were some overblown negative comments at are being bounced to have a laugh at". It took me several posts before I realised this was from almost three seasons ago. Now I want to check out that Swindon thread...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here