Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*** Northampton Town v Brighton & Hove Albion Carling Cup 1st Round *** Official !!

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Me thinks either Gus does not rate this comp or he thought Northampton were shit and we would walk it, why else would you make 7 changes.

Gus is having a Fabio moment maybe :moo:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Tbf, I'd rather Gus tried out some of the others in a Carling Cup game. Yes, it'd be nice to go on a cup run and get a few nice away trips, but doing well in the league is the top priority

This.

Gus wants to see some of these players in competitive games, I'd much rather miss out on a league cup run than try these players in the league where we'd lose out on points that could end up being vital.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
serves us right if we do lose, 7 changes for fucks sake - we're not chelsea.
we should be taking this game seriously & play our strongest side .A cup run is important to any club both financialy & for morale.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
I suppose there's always the JPT trophy to look forward to

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
their Mums love them though

Tell its the school holidays, bunch of spoilt brats

ec18698fd2af4c6c99e8dcdbd657966f

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I'd still rather Gus save his best players for Saturday.

If this game is lost, It's lost! No big deal!

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
It's the League Cup, I didn't realise people gave a toss? I certainly don't care! Field the youngsters, whatever. What is good about this is it gives Gus plenty of reason to ship out any of our second string.

I can understand antipathy towards the JPT but not the League Cup. Personally I would like another Man City type evening. Not to be this season though it would appear.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here