Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

North Stand Row Z - The dispossessed

Brighton Rocker

Jul 16, 2011
TN 21
:falmer:Update for those moved from Row Z due to big screen.
Meeting with Richard Hebberd (Stadium Operations Manager) this morning.
The Club will consider reinstating at least some of the missing seats if the North Stand clears in less than eight minutes at the end of matches.
Also if Club's planning application for extra seats is successful, extra row of seats will be added behind Row Z. The Row Z dispossessed to be given first refusal on any reinstated/new seats.
PS: Stadium is looking magnificent and Dick's Bar is far more impressive than the entrance!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I thought they were moved cos when standing they'd block the bottom of the big screen? I only decided this from viewing it at the SSC final...

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
:falmer:Update for those moved from Row Z due to big screen.
Meeting with Richard Hebberd (Stadium Operations Manager) this morning.
The Club will consider reinstating at least some of the missing seats if the North Stand clears in less than eight minutes at the end of matches.
Also if Club's planning application for extra seats is successful, extra row of seats will be added behind Row Z. The Row Z dispossessed to be given first refusal on any reinstated/new seats.
PS: Stadium is looking magnificent and Dick's Bar is far more impressive than the entrance!

Sounds fantastic, Hoping it all clears now, I assume it would do but first few games it may not. Biscuit's and I are the first two seats to be cut of from the continuation of the centre block. Thanks.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
I thought they were moved cos when standing they'd block the bottom of the big screen? I only decided this from viewing it at the SSC final...

Not the ones to the left of the screen as you look at the stand.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Also if Club's planning application for extra seats is successful, extra row of seats will be added behind Row Z.

Surprised no-one has picked up on this. Further rows of seats, behind row Z in the North Stand?

I know from the tour I was on, there is a lot of empty unused space behind the North, but a bit higher up. This is the first time there's been suggestion that the North could be extended back, if that's what you are saying.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Not the ones to the left of the screen as you look at the stand.

Surely your lot chose their seats first (i recall you being the first on nsc) so this could be good news for you?

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Surely your lot chose their seats first (i recall you being the first on nsc) so this could be good news for you?

Yes it is good news, I can't see any reason why the north wouldn't empty in under 8mins assuming its a normal game, I'll even sign a waiver of some kind if I have to, to get it back.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Surprised no-one has picked up on this. Further rows of seats, behind row Z in the North Stand?

I know from the tour I was on, there is a lot of empty unused space behind the North, but a bit higher up. This is the first time there's been suggestion that the North could be extended back, if that's what you are saying.

I noticed but other than that we no nothing and it'll just be a ten page binfest speculation about a few words.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Excellent news. Incidently what will they do about the windows there? Surely they cannot have fans backing right up to them. On the North Stand open day they even had a steward there asking us not to look through the windows.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
I thought there was a big gap behind the back row. Big enough for another row of seats...

It does seem to be from looking but I've no idea if there's enough MM per Square foot or something to cheer up the red tape brigade. As there where no seats there I assumed there wasn't.

Brighton Rocker

Jul 16, 2011
TN 21
Just one row

There is an empty terrace unit behind Row Z where seats could be put.
Also Club may put seats in corners during the season if they get planning consent. Will soon be like a Premier League stadium!

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
I saw a post on twitter with someone alluding to the fact that the club were due to put in the planning permission for the seats to go in for the corners.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Excellent news. Incidently what will they do about the windows there? Surely they cannot have fans backing right up to them. On the North Stand open day they even had a steward there asking us not to look through the windows.

I never understood that, if club staff don't want people looking at them just draw the bloody blinds

westy

Jul 25, 2003

All they will do is add an extra row that literally backs onto the back wall. At the mo theres is an empty gap behind the top step.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire

There's a ledge at the back, behind row z, but only just big enough for one row of seats.

Don't think there could be any further expansion in the north itself, other than the corners.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
There's a ledge at the back, behind row z, but only just big enough for one row of seats.

Don't think there could be any further expansion in the north itself, other than the corners.

The ledge is to the right of the scaffolding, here.

Attachments

• IMG_1448_resize.jpg
    IMG_1448_resize.jpg
    813.7 KB · Views: 630

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here