North stand looking twee

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

MACROBLUE

Jul 9, 2011
Went to the amex today and sat in the West lower for a sandwich. Have to say the East is looking great with 90% of the structure complete. Likewise the corners to the SW and SE all coming together nicely but the North stand now looks very isolated and a little sad if I'm honest. It's not quite meccano sad but does appear to be like your stinky class mate that no one wants to sit next to....maybe thats the idea

Just come back from the Amex myself and completely agree with the comment here. When East Stand and the the south corners are complete its going to look great. I just hope the North will follow suit asap as it does look a bit strange all by itself. The sound bouncing off the stands will be tremendous.

JCL

Better, Stronger, Faster
Jul 2, 2011
East of Eastbourne
ok - here are the higher res images!
3 more to load up - got to compress them a bit first.

Chicken & Chorizo pie was ok!

IMG_0509.JPGIMG_0510.JPGIMG_0511.JPGIMG_0512.JPGIMG_0515.JPG

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
What is that yellow thing above the half-way line, between the tiers of the East Stand?

JCL

Better, Stronger, Faster
Jul 2, 2011
East of Eastbourne
And here are the other three.

IMG_0513x.jpgIMG_0514x.jpgIMG_0516.JPG

Massive hole in the outside wall - South West corner - presumably new entrance?

JCL

Better, Stronger, Faster
Jul 2, 2011
East of Eastbourne
Good photos, I can see where our seats will be now, thanks. I thought you were going to the tool fair?
Yep I can see where mine will be too!

I spent longer sitting in WSL than going around the tool fair... that was just a cunning rouse to get into the stadium... been too long! :)

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I think that hole is to be the new entrance with an all glass frontage, just like the West Stand!

Hats off to the NS they do create most of the atmosphere but I do think it's a shame the banking is not bigger. From the EL end (seats now given to away fans) it does look a bit small.....hardly a Spion Kop.

I am old enough to understand the North Stand's traditional role. However, in view of proximity to the away corner to the South Stand, I can see that in a few years, many of our livelier fans may gravitate towards the away corner, and stand/sit behind the south goal? (I believe Brentford called a similar arrangement "Hate Corner."
Certainly at Luton for example the traditional home in end moved from north to south and then to a corner next to the away end.
Always easier to bounce off a full away end than try to get our lower East going!

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
IMAG0296.jpg

Here's the south / southwest corner. And a little bit of my thumb, yesterday.

Originally Posted by GoldWithFalmer
Amateur

All that wasted space behind the seats fcuking joke , too much office and dining space in what is primarily supposed to be a football ground

MACROBLUE

Jul 9, 2011
Went to the amex today and sat in the West lower for a sandwich. Have to say the East is looking great with 90% of the structure complete. Likewise the corners to the SW and SE all coming together nicely but the North stand now looks very isolated and a little sad if I'm honest. It's not quite meccano sad but does appear to be like your stinky class mate that no one wants to sit next to....maybe thats the idea

Its a shame the offices couldn't have been built outside the stadium in some way. We could then have had a North Stand kop to be really proud of. I always thought the North Stand was the achilles heel of the Amex.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I did the same today (minus sandwich). There's a tool fair on in the WSL concourse and you can just wander through and take in the view from the WSL seats.

East Stand is going to look awesome and while I wouldn't say the North looks twee, the work at the south end does highlight the need to fill those north corners too.

The FREE tool fair is on again tomorrow by the way for anyone missing the Amex as much as me. There were pies too!

Amazing how many events are being held at the stadium.

Yes the bloody wierdos from Jehovas Witness' were there last week and the car park had more coaches that any of the albion games I have seen...there were hundreds of the things...hopefully none of the fuckers were sat in my seat!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports