Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

North stand looking twee

penny's harmonica

Jan 30, 2012
Went to the amex today and sat in the West lower for a sandwich. Have to say the East is looking great with 90% of the structure complete. Likewise the corners to the SW and SE all coming together nicely but the North stand now looks very isolated and a little sad if I'm honest. It's not quite meccano sad but does appear to be like your stinky class mate that no one wants to sit next to....maybe thats the idea

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Went to the amex today and sat in the West lower for a sandwich. Have to say the East is looking great with 90% of the structure complete. Likewise the corners to the SW and SE all coming together nicely but the North stand now looks very isolated and a little sad if I'm honest. It's not quite meccano sad but does appear to be like your stinky class mate that no one wants to sit next to....maybe thats the idea

Harsh words for someone so new........ I'm interested to know that the AMEX is now a picnic area as well. Might pop down for a bite to eat tomorrow and sit in my seat (weather permitting)

Incidentally, the North Stand won't look anywhere near as "twee" (not sure you understand the meaning of the word correctly) come the Cardiff game anyhow.... :D

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
I did the same today (minus sandwich). There's a tool fair on in the WSL concourse and you can just wander through and take in the view from the WSL seats.

East Stand is going to look awesome and while I wouldn't say the North looks twee, the work at the south end does highlight the need to fill those north corners too.

The FREE tool fair is on again tomorrow by the way for anyone missing the Amex as much as me. There were pies too!

Amazing how many events are being held at the stadium.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
I did the same today (minus sandwich). There's a tool fair on in the WSL concourse and you can just wander through and take in the view from the WSL seats.

East Stand is going to look awesome and while I wouldn't say the North looks twee, the work at the south end does highlight the need to fill those north corners too.

The FREE tool fair is on again tomorrow by the way for anyone missing the Amex as much as me. There were pies too!

Oh, sounds good!!! Might have to drop in lol!!!!! Pies you say??

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Oh, sounds good!!! Might have to drop in lol!!!!! Pies you say??

Just a few. One kiosk was open.

Dicks was also open as was the shop which was heaving.

It's possible Dicks might open tomorrow as it caters for the staff.

Sk8er

When the other corners go next summer it'll look great.

Yes can't wait for this to happen. I sit in WSL and I went on a tour with friends who are in north stand and they were a bit surprised at how small the north looked! But just like the team it's all coming together.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
They are going to put the north-west corner in during the season, aren't they?

JCL

Better, Stronger, Faster
Jul 2, 2011
East of Eastbourne

Are you sure the tool show is on today (Sunday) - it's only showing up as being on Saturday on the events calendar at American Express Community Stadium

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Talking of tools, and by way of binding this thread together a bit, sounds like there's a bit of penis envy going on from some of you north stand boys - after all the west stand is really so much bigger and the bell-end (WSU) is even louder than you!

Wally Gould

Jul 10, 2011
It will still be the stand that makes noise the entire match and gets the atmosphere going for everyone else.

Hats off to the NS they do create most of the atmosphere but I do think it's a shame the banking is not bigger. From the EL end (seats now given to away fans) it does look a bit small.....hardly a Spion Kop.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Is the club shop open today?.might be worth a trip with the tool show and the Bogof in the shop.(and the pies are calling)

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Talking of tools, and by way of binding this thread together a bit, sounds like there's a bit of penis envy going on from some of you north stand boys - after all the west stand is really so much bigger and the bell-end (WSU) is even louder than you!

You'll be lucky to get many bites....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here