Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

North and South West ST holders meeting 18th December

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
So, are they still going ahead with the Lewes-Falmer Harvey's Pipeline ?

Stuart Munday

Jul 6, 2003
Saltdean
The right people weren't at those meetings to discuss that sort of stuff anyway.
Sounds like a barrel of laughs.
I actually feel sorry for likes of Bierne and Wade et al. There they are, put up by Barber and his hair-brained schemes, in a vain attempt to look like there is some sort of dialogue with the fans.
There's only one thing that will create a decent atmosphere in a ground. A decent team on the pitch. Period.
Anything else is just a tick-box exercise.

Well theres a surprise!!!

scousegull

Apr 15, 2008
Great summary Dan. I thought tonight was a really positive first step in improving the situation, and despite the destructive comments that have inevitably followed on this board, I actually felt buoyed after tonight. We need some positives at the moment don't we?

Strikes me that our current situation could perhaps be a silver lining in freeing up seats to create a singing block in the north stand. Time will tell if anything happens, but fair play to the club for hopefully getting the ball rolling towards our goal...

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Dan, thanks for posting a summary which helps those of us not invited.

A few questions which may have been asked but I don't think I've seen mentioned above.

Why can't the away fans be moved? Why is so expensive to move them round to the last two blocks of the East/first two blocks of the South. This makes no sense to me.

Who was in attendance from the club?

How many fans were there?

Did anyone ask about Gully's Girls?

Did anyone comment on stewarding in general?

Did they explain why only the North and South West corner STH's were invited?

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Did it seem like the singing section/unallocated seating or whatever it is they decide to do to improve the atmosphere in the north stand would be implemented for next season?

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
As someone else has said, the only way to really improve the atmosphere is to have a winning team playing attractive football and scoring goals. And another vital ingredient ... players who appear to give a damn and put 100% effort into their performance. Unfortunately we don't have any of that at the moment.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Club is aware of how people want to stand but legalities of standing remain. Flexibility is shown to assist. Bottom line the law is the law and the club must (be seen to) comply.

Whoops, it has nothing to do with the law.

‘At no point has it been argued that the individual spectator commits a criminal offence by standing in a seated area’

From the Department of Culture, Media and Sport.

The club have to comply with licensing agreements and are entitled to evict/ban those who persistently stand.

If you do so you have broken a contract, it's a civil matter. But broken the law ? Absolutely not. Not my opinion, just fact. No loop hole, the law simply doesn't exist. A Police Officer cannot arrest you for standing and it's a bit dodgy (legally) if they assist stewards in making you do so.

My personal opinion is that I understand that in certain seating areas it is dangerous. I have no want to do so, but respect and support the request of supporters to have safe standing areas where entry is controlled.

The authoritarian move to all seater stadia was a symptom of the relevant authorities attempting to shift the blame elsewhere and how we've seen that unravelling most recently.

Last edited:

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Well I am glad I wasn't invited or went.

Can't find anything positive that was actually said. No to this, no to that. What was positive or actual reason for this get together? Puzzled.

Whoops, it has nothing to do with the law.

‘At no point has it been argued that the individual spectator commits a criminal offence by standing in a seated area’

From the Department of Culture, Media and Sport.

The club have to comply with licensing agreements and are entitled to evict/ban those who persistently stand.

If you do so you have broken a contract, it's a civil matter. But broken the law ? Absolutely not. Not my opinion, just fact. No loop hole, the law simply doesn't exist. A Police Officer cannot arrest you for standing and it's a bit dodgy (legally) if they assist stewards in making you do so.

My personal opinion is that I understand that in certain seating areas it is dangerous. I have no want to do so, but respect and support the request of supporters to have safe standing areas where entry is controlled.

The authoritarian move to all seater stadia was a symptom of the relevant authorities attempting to shift the blame elsewhere and how we've seen that unravelling most recently.
The "offence" that is committed is that the Football Club might be found to have been in breach of the terms of the safety certificate. This can incur penalties that are laid down by the licensing authority. In theory, at least, the maximum penalty could be closure of the ground. But, as you say, the individual stander has not committed a criminal offence. The civil penalty of having your season ticket withdrawn and being banned from the ground is, of course, available to the Club.

But, in the light of the discussion at the meeting, I would say that it was quite impressive that the Club does wish to listen to fans and find ways of introducing changes which will improve the matchday experience. Wholesale changes in one big bang are unlikely but we were promised step by step improvements and continuing dialogue.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Dan, thanks for posting a summary which helps those of us not invited.

A few questions which may have been asked but I don't think I've seen mentioned above.

Why can't the away fans be moved? Why is so expensive to move them round to the last two blocks of the East/first two blocks of the South. This makes no sense to me.

Who was in attendance from the club?

How many fans were there?

Did anyone ask about Gully's Girls?

Did anyone comment on stewarding in general?

Did they explain why only the North and South West corner STH's were invited?

I will say it again, how the **** did you get made a mod on this forum,and while I am at it with cocks like you representing nsc why would any one from the club invite nsc mods to a debate about the future of the Albion.You really are a bunch of Wankers and definitely not supporters bye bye

Last edited:

champion7

fast and furious
Feb 12, 2007
Benfield Heights
Yes they were but people bitched about it so they moved them back.

Even at the friendly with Southampton this season the east stand was whinging because they next to the aways,i also believe (correct me if i'm wrong)that the East stand is more expensive than the south which is why hardly any aways sat there.

I will say it again, how the **** did you get made a mod on this forum,and while I am at it with cocks like you representing nsc why would any one from the club invite nsc mods to a debate about the future of the Albion
I'm not sure what this post is supposed to be saying. What I do know is that no-one can "represent NSC", any more than anyone could "represent" Twitter or Facebook. NSC is a medium for messages to be expressed by a wide range of (mainly) Albion fans, none of whom are under any obligation to agree with anyone else, or even speak coherently.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
I will say it again, how the **** did you get made a mod on this forum,and while I am at it with cocks like you representing nsc why would any one from the club invite nsc mods to a debate about the future of the Albion.You really are a bunch of Wankers and definitely not supporters bye bye

Fvcking hell that really is rich coming from you.

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
The "offence" that is committed is that the Football Club might be found to have been in breach of the terms of the safety certificate. This can incur penalties that are laid down by the licensing authority. In theory, at least, the maximum penalty could be closure of the ground. But, as you say, the individual stander has not committed a criminal offence. The civil penalty of having your season ticket withdrawn and being banned from the ground is, of course, available to the Club.

The anolmoly of course whereby away fans can happily stand all game long without any aggro from stewards, just as we do when we travel away.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here