Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Noooooooooooooo! Pardew sacked :(

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Does that mean Sam prepared a dosier on a number of struggling Prem clubs, or did he specifically target Palace?

According to the Indepenent The Albion are the teachers and Palace are the pupils, I see now what all the Palace banners were about .

"It was a meeting of minds. Allardyce was one of the trailblazers for the use of Pro-Zone more than a decade ago. The Americans’ conviction about the numbers has been reinforced by the success of Brighton & Hove Albion (currently second in the Championship) and RB Leipzig (second in the Bundesliga) who draw heavily on data."

Although I thought all buying players according to the data base went out with the departure of the Burke?

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...al-palace-manager-sam-allardyce-a7491461.html

Last edited:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Although I thought all buying players according to the data base went out with the departure of the Burke?
I very much doubt that. Our club tends to look for VFM across the board, and now we have a competitive squad in all areas. No £10m strikers here.

It's just that under Burke we were shìt at it. He was spending relatively big money on players who weren't up to it or didn't fit in.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
So short sighted if they do get Allardyce. Yes, he has a great record of keeping teams up, but his record of doing any better than scraping survival isn't great, not to mention his awful brand of football.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
So short sighted if they do get Allardyce. Yes, he has a great record of keeping teams up, but his record of doing any better than scraping survival isn't great, not to mention his awful brand of football.

Bring him in to steady the ship this season, then sack him early next season for playing boring football, and THEN bring in a manager fitting for a Champions League bid?

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Bring him in to steady the ship this season, then sack him early next season for playing boring football, and THEN bring in a manager fitting for a Champions League bid?

All this compensation being paid to clubs and managers, plus high transfer and agents fee's for not very good players, will they ever have any money to improve their ground?

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
All this compensation being paid to clubs and managers, plus high transfer and agents fee's for not very good players, will they ever have any money to improve their ground?

Don't worry, there's plenty in the pot .
Planning applications are a slow process , didn't yours take years ?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Sacking Pardew, Palace through and through, is a big mistake... I sincerely hope they pay for it...

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
The Albion's first plans announced in October 2001 and the permission to build was first granted in October 2005, after a public inquiry. So 4 years for the application to be approved first time around.
Palace plans were unveiled in November 2011, so 5 years on how far have you got?
, http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11688_6681161,00.html

That was never an option, the NIMBY's would never have allowed it.
They would rather have the athletic stadium be used once a year and left alone.
Shame

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
That was never an option, the NIMBY's would never have allowed it.
They would rather have the athletic stadium be used once a year and left alone.
Shame

And we never had problems with nimby's?, so I ask again how far have you got with your application and what is it for?

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
And we never had problems with nimby's?, so I ask again how far have you got with your application and what is it for?

What's this, the Spanish Inquisition ? !!!

I only know what Parish has announced, that plans have been submitted for the old stand.
You seem to know a lot about our clubs business, what have you heard ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here