Nominations For Top Ten Goals Ever!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Please nominate your favourite goal ever by a Brighton player with a brief description of it and why it was so good.

A poll will follow to find the top ten (in order The Large One;) ).

I will kick us off:

Leon Knight's diving header at the start of last season, great ball in and the little fella got in where it hurts. Not the best Ive ever seen but laid to rest the fears I had about losing Zamora.

Eddie the Seagull

Jul 6, 2003
Crowborough
My top three that I have witnessed.

Wilkins V Ipswich in 1990/91 - Playoff @ Goldstone

Case V Sheff. Wed 1982/83 - FA Cup semi @ Highbury

Storer V Doncaster 1996/97 - Last game @ Goldstone

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
Adam Virgo v.Swindon 2004
Just for the Adrenalin rush that followed.I was still buzzing hours later and didn't sleep much .

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Stuart Tuck against Rochdale (or someone equally insignificant) in first year at Priestfield. We were so crap, it was nice to have something to laugh at, spanked it from about 40 yards, took a huge deflection and spooned over the keeper Paul Parker style. Glorious. That and Bobby against Halifax.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
We need to make a distinction between "best goal" and "most crucial goal" methinks. Reinelt, Virgo, Strorer, Smith, Stevens...all names with glorious goals emblazoned upon the tapestry of Albions past. But none of those were aesthetically spectacular goals in themselves, they are only memorable because they were so crucial.

The BEST goal I have ever seen scored by a player wearing an Albion shirt was...Ian Chapman at Dean Court, Brighton Beach end around 1989. We caught them on the break from their own corner. Chapman went steaming down the middle of the park and arrived at the edge of the penalty area. The ball was crossed in from the left. Chapman controlled it on his thigh and in one movement executed a swivelling left-foot volley, crashing the ball past the despairing dive of the keeper into the corner of the net to make it 2-0.

Beautful.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Danny Cullip vs Chesterfield , 1st may 2001 79th min

enough said

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Jones away @ forest
zamora away @ bury
brooker away @ orient (season when we won the league)

these are the 1s ive been 2 and can remember, cant really think back to other great goals, but ones for the occassion obviously reinelts, virgos, cullips etc.

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland
Gary Williams against Forest feckin years ago.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
The Large One said:
Garry Nelson v Brentford 1987. Never bettered. End of.

No other goal comes close. Boxed in on the left hand touchline, a turn and a run that cuts through the entire Brentford team like a knife through butter, finished by a blistering 20+ yard drive into the top corner. It's tragic that no film of it exists.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports