Nominations For Top Ten Goals Ever!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Jimmy Case semi final free kick against Sheffield Wednesday.
What goal and we all went mental!

Smithers-Jones

Mar 26, 2004
Eltham
Got to agree with Gary Williams against Forest (Who at the time were European champs). Just inside their half, flew like an exocet and Shilton (at the time one of the worlds top goalies) was helpless! Case's against Wednesday was bloody good, but we all knew he could hit a ball like that. Williams was a fairly solid ,if unspectalular, left back.Probably the last person on the pitch we would have expected to do something like that.

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
Stumpy Tim said:
Stuart Munday away to Leicester in the Coca Cola Cup a few years back

A few years? Try 10!!! How times fly!!

Also seen live, I would rate his over head kick at Birmingham in 1995/6 pretty bloody special

And Wilkins freekick against Ipswich in 1991 was a beauty
;)

Last edited:

chips and gravy

Jan 5, 2004
worthing
My top ten based purely on how mental I went afterwards are as follows:

1. Danny Cullip's header v Chesterfield
2. Adam Vigo v Swindon
3. Leon Knight's penalty v Bristol City at Cardiff
4. Bobby Zamora v Reading (the cheeky goal set up by Brooker)
5. Dean Wilkins free kick v Ipswich May 1991
6. Robert Codner v Blackpool away Sept 1992
7. John Byrne v Liverpool at Anfield 1991
8. Robert Codner v Millwall Play off 1991
9. Bobby Zamora v Halifax
10. Zesh Rehman v Rushden last season

These were from games I actually attended - didn't go to cup final or Hereford

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Kit Napier on his debut at home v Peterborough (5-2) in 1966. An absolute wonder goal. Never seen better from an Albion player.

Others may correct me, but I believe Kit also scored twice directly from corners for the Albion in other matches over the next 5 years!

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Maskell vs. Orient, diving header to make it 2-0
Brooker vs. Orient, curling low finish after BZ´s backheel
Piercy vs. Wycombe, curler on his wrong foot past the stranded keeper
Ifejiagwa vs. Barnet, no other reason than that it was bloodly cold and wet and it was one of the better moments
Zamora vs. Wycombe, great break, 1 and 2-touch passing, Bobby dances round Taylor and slots it in. Pure footballing poetry.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Zamora vs. Wycombe, great break, 1 and 2-touch passing, Bobby dances round Taylor and slots it in. Pure footballing poetry.

that was in a midfield which looked good and creative with chippy and jr

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
On the Left Wing said:
Kit Napier on his debut at home v Peterborough (5-2) in 1966. An absolute wonder goal. Never seen better from an Albion player.

Others may correct me, but I believe Kit also scored twice directly from corners for the Albion in other matches over the next 5 years!
I must admit that Kit's goal was pretty special.From about 35 yds if my memory serves me well

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Gary Williams against Forest is a very special goal against the then best keeper in the world but I wasn't there so the one that pips it for me is Stuart Munday's Goal against Leicester in the Coca Cola cup at Filbert St. 40/1 to score the first goal and he blasts one in from 35 yards. :clap2:

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland
Eastleigh Seagull said:
Terry Connor's diving header running back to defend a corner into his own net - probably against Leeds?

I think that was against Norwich the year they went up, it was one of the few away games I got to that year. Chris Woods in goal for Norwich and I remember Chris Hutchings doing this fancy right foot under left foot tackle on Fox!!! that had the away support purring.

We got spannered 3 nil I think.

Mr Popkins

Jul 8, 2003
LIVING IN SIN
George Parris at the Goldstone, when he was behing the goal .the goal keeper put the ball down to kick it out. parris came from behind ,took it off him and scored!

he did the same thing a few weeks later, turned to the north stand and put his finger to his lips. this time the ref told him to come away!

Sneaky George!!!!

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
John Crumplin ain a friendly against Steua Bucharest at the goldstone god know how many years ago. It was a full on volley from the corner of the box that flew in the top corner much to every ones amazement

Peter Ward against ive no idea who buts the one towards the north stand on the Zamora DVD.

Steve Meltons volley against reading

Chippys at sheff wed

BZ against halifax

loads more i cant think of

Knightsworld

Aug 19, 2003
WSU, just below the seagull.
I can remember an absolute screamer from Martin Keown when he was on loan with us.

Cant remember who we were playing but i seem to remember it was an evening game at the Goldstone and we may of lost 5-3.

He hit it from about 30 yards into the south stand goal.

The view from the North Stand was fantastic:clap2:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
zamora,lewis , or meltons goal against reading a few years back :clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports