Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Noise at the Amex

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

I think the atmosphere in the North Stand would be helped by it being sold out once in a while. I thought it would be all season tickets holders but it seems to have a fair amount of tickets for sale each home game. Is this because most people prefer to view the game from the sides ?

phazza

Aug 17, 2012
Our stadium has been designed, we are told, to amplify the noise generated by fans. We are also told there is a correlation between the noise and level of support generated by the fans and the performance of the team on the pitch (and vice versa). When we first moved into the Amex the level of noise and atmosphere generated by us was pretty good. As we've become more accustomed to our new surroundings things seem to have gradually quietened down and we have become reliant on extraneous factors like absurd refereeing decisions (eg Burnley), or stupid opposing fans (eg Ipswich) or massively bonkers opposing fans (eg Leeds) to get the home juices flowing. The club, in a mistaken attempt to generate some atmosphere, even resorted to the use of clackers in one unfortunately unforgettable game.

Now, as we sit handily placed just outside the play-offs with over half the season left, may be as good a time as any to take stock and see if there is anything we can do together to improve our performance as fans and thus to help the team on the pitch. It may be that, in order to achieve this and to achieve a greater degree of unity around the stadium, there is a need for a bit more organisation instead of relying on the various smaller pockets of fans dotted around the ground? I do realise that this could prove to be difficult, we can't even get enough people to learn the words of GOSBTS, let alone to aing it at the right pace even when singing along to a recording!

The main noise generating areas have emerged as being the North Stand and the WSU so the challenges may include some of the following:

1. The North Stand is our engine room of noise so how do we get the North Stand to re-unite and sing as one?
2. How do we get the North Stand to maintain a good level of noise throughout a game?
3. How do we get WSU to start singing again?
4. How do we get WSU to synchronise with the North Stand?
5. How do we get the rest of the ground to join in?
6. Maybe we also need a few new songs too?!

Or maybe it really doesn't matter. Or maybe we're just a bunch of reserved, uptight, inhibited southern softies who feel too uncomfortable about shouting (unless we score in which case a few moments of unaccustomed delerium are permitted) or singing or chanting, preferring instead to spend the whole match muttering "FFS Barnes" and similar unfair profanities under our breath. Any maybe we should just accept that's what we are, this is as good as it's going to get and leave it?

i agree with what your saying and like quite a few, would love to see us all singing more together, songs going on for longer and with good songs.
i don't understand why this doesn't happen more as surely we love it when the atmosphere is great - i will never forget the atmosphere in the famous burnly game when 2 players were sent off!!
i always make an effort and look forward to the time when more do, i'm not sure it will happen.
having said all this and reading the comments, i've regularly read players commenting on how good the atmosphere at the amex is.
so, although we may not think the noise is great - the players do, which is important.

warsaw

She's lost control
Jan 28, 2008
Nobody wants a drum but how about a bloke with a loud hailer? Seems to work a lot on the continent resulting in some impressive co-ordinated songs. Don't really see how the club could object.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
untitled (3).png

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
la la la la la la, la la la la la la, la la la la la la
we are the brighton .. north stand !

love it!
We are the Brighton North Stand is the last line from "I'm a bow legged chicken"

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Maybe someone would be prepared to conduct the North Stand choir, for example .........

image.jpg

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
The lack of vocal support for Barnsley doesn't seem to have affected their team's performance too much tonight.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here