Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No Travel Subsidy Tomorrow

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
They're still working on this. Key Cards are issued by B&H Buses, Metrobus Buses and Southern Rail - but they are not interchangeable even among these three companies (even though they are all part of the Go Ahead Group). I believe the first steps towards interavailability will happen later this year.

Why so slow? God knows. I was a member of a regional working group back in the 1990s that was trying to ensure that a single smartcard might be developed to cover all bus, tube and rail services throughout the South East (including London) - but nothing much came of this, largely because of squabbles about detail, that focused on technical issues, rather than customer convenience. Eventually, London Buses and London Underground got fed up with the lack of progress and went their own way with Oyster. That now leaves everyone with the problem of integrating Oyster with The Key.

Getting other smartcard systems (like Albion season tickets, Nectar Cards and Costa Coffee Cards) all working the same way is a dream - but I'm not holding my breath. I guess someone might invent a universal system sooner or later. I've got a great idea for the brand name. It could be called "Cash".

TfL (Transport For London) also have "wave and pay" , contactless payments with a debit or credit card using the same smart reader which you "tap in" with an Oyster card.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Sounds like a good idea that - not much more than Lewes either. Where's the best place to park in Seaford ?

If you're coming from Eastbourne, turn right at the mini roundabout at the station and it's all free down there. There are some good takeaways in that road too. (Claremont Road)

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Will there be an official "How do I pay my penalty fare charge ?" thread this evening ???

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Or a topic seeking legal advice as the poster of the topic will be getting prosecuted.

Still if people want to kick off over a few quid then let them - I'm sure the police at Brighton and Falmer will be very welcoming.

If there was any justice the police will be arresting Southern and their apologists.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Or a topic seeking legal advice as the poster of the topic will be getting prosecuted.

Still if people want to kick off over a few quid then let them - I'm sure the police at Brighton and Falmer will be very welcoming.

Why is an out of court settlement costing me £200 ? Or how can I get a visa for the USA now I have a criminal record ?As per the UK Rail forum discussions

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Why is an out of court settlement costing me £200 ? Or how can I get a visa for the USA now I have a criminal record ?As per the UK Rail forum discussions

It can stop you getting a US visa ? Christ never knew it could stop you getting one of those - it's almost as if it isn't worth being so right and skip a few quid.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
If they are charging the cars as they enter at Mill Road P&R, what about the people who walk to it :whistle:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Whatever a bus saver costs I guess.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Mill Road and Mithras House will be full up within the next 10 minutes. P&R binfest is looking incredibly likely !!

Looks like there will be quite a few who pre-booked who wont be able to get in :lol:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If you pre-booked - a space is reserved for you at the site you chose.

Transport Manager ‏@BHAFCtransport 31s
That's it sports fans BOTH P&R sites are FULL. Only use if you have pre-paid. #bhafc [MENTION=3757]readingfc[/MENTION]

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Kay Norton ‏@BHALush 3m
Train barriers operating at Brighton station. You WILL need a ticket. #bhafc

D

Deleted User X18H

Driver of a 5a refused me when I waved my pass at him. Luckily I bought a mobile saver.

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
I've paid for a bus there, and expect to get the train back. Given the queues, will it even be physically possible for me to buy a ticket?

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
I've paid for a bus there, and expect to get the train back. Given the queues, will it even be physically possible for me to buy a ticket?

Be best to go to Falmer station and buy a single for the train home before the game - especially as barriers are in operation.

Adult return from Seaford to Falmer is only £3.60 - if you want a £20 penalty fare instead of paying that then be Southern's guest !!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here