[Albion] No trains for Brentford

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Why don't we start a crowdfunding page to subsidise the wages of impoverished ASLEF train drivers ? Our contributions could lift them above the poverty line, and prevent them from relying upon food banks in order to survive.
I’m quite happy to chip in to help the train driver on 90 grand a year that is desperate to buy another property so he can become a buy to let landlord :rolleyes:
My heart bleeds for someone so desperate :facepalm: FFS
(Mentioned in post #3)

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
You don't think you've EVER hated a person more than Lynch (who incidentally isn't responsible for this strike - having helped save the ticket offices and potentially got his members a no strings deal)? You might just want to think whether someone fighting for worker's rights is the best target for your hate even if you don't agree with him.
The thought of the Aslef barons fighting for workers' rights seems very far-fetched; surely more a case of using their muscle -yet again -to get what they want, and with the salaries they earn, it clearly pays off. The job involves much responsibility and I do not deny them a decent, or even more than decent wage, but the constant strikes over the years smacks of sheer unbridled greed.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
People are really feeling persecuted aren't they? They've not targeted the Albion for god's sake. Will be very minimal or no service on Southeastern, Southern, Gatwick Express and South Western Railway. Believe the only service Southern are running at all on the 6th is an hourly shuttle between Gatwick and Victoria. Some Thameslink will be running, but Thameslink don't serve Falmer.

However, if I've been wooshed by other posters I shall hang my head in shame.
Not targeting a Premier league football match, of course they are, there is no coincidence that Southern are ONLY striking that day. I fully expect those people to f*** up the Marseille game if they can as well. Can't mess up commuters any more as they just WFH so theyve become the fun destroyers

mile oak

May 21, 2023
You don't think you've EVER hated a person more than Lynch (who incidentally isn't responsible for this strike - having helped save the ticket offices and potentially got his members a no strings deal)? You might just want to think whether someone fighting for worker's rights is the best target for your hate even if you don't agree with him.
I continue to hate Lynch he and his crew are overpaid and lazy.

mile oak

May 21, 2023
Anyone know how long the old steine to Amex busses take? Assume quicker than timetables 25 roure etc as wont be picking up on route

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Anyone know how long the old steine to Amex busses take? Assume quicker than timetables 25 roure etc as wont be picking up on route
It’ll likely be slower than the timetable by a bit to be honest. Traffic on Lewes Road will be poor. I believe it’s about 25 minutes on the timetable, I’d say it’ll be more like 35 or maybe 40.

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
People are really feeling persecuted aren't they? They've not targeted the Albion for god's sake. Will be very minimal or no service on Southeastern, Southern, Gatwick Express and South Western Railway. Believe the only service Southern are running at all on the 6th is an hourly shuttle between Gatwick and Victoria. Some Thameslink will be running, but Thameslink don't serve Falmer.

However, if I've been wooshed by other posters I shall hang my head in shame.
You mean it’s not just lazy overpaid train drivers around Falmer who are striking, but lazy overpaid train drivers all over the south east of England? OK, fair enough. That makes me feel much better.

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
The club will be running a bus shuttle service from Brighton City Centre and Lewes Station.

Brighton shuttle service: will be departing from Old Steine (bus stop F) from three hours before kick-off. Supporters can also use bus number 25, 28, 29 from this stop to Falmer. Post-match pick up from Falmer station A27 bus stop.

Lewes shuttle service: will be departing from the Lewes train station from three hours before kick-off. Post-match pick up is from the A27 eastbound bus stop.

Please follow the signs and steward’s directions on the day.

Park & Ride: There will be four park and rides open on the day:

• Mill Road (BN1 8ZF) – open from 4.30pm and is on a first come first serve basis.
  • Brighton Racecourse (BN2 9XZ) – open from 4.30pm and is on a first come first serve basis.
  • EDF (BN3 5SU) – open from 5.30pm and must be booked in advance, supporters can book here.
  • Pyecombe Equestrian Centre (BN45 7EG) - open from 4.30pm and must be booked in advance, supporters can book here. Post-match pick up will be the same as the drop off point from University of Brighton bus stop.
Buses: Brighton & Hove Buses and Stagecoach, will be operating a normal Wednesday service across our Travel Zone.

Coach travel: There’s still time to book a coach seat with Seagull Travel. Groups wishing to come to the match via private minibus or coaches need to book a parking space through supporter services.
Seagull Travel has been sold out for ages from Eastbourne and much of the east side of East Sussex. Areas to the west are either better served by ST or perhaps fewer fans that side want to use them. I left it too late to book ST from Eastbourne and it seems unlikely that my for-sale match ticket will ever see the exchange so thank you, rail unions. Yet another £25 or so you c***s have cost me.

Rinkmaster

Oct 1, 2020
Newhaven
As a 70 year old with no driving licence two spinal operations, copd, diverticular disease and polymyalgia rheumatica. No way am I going to use the buses. Trains not available so will stay at home. Will have to take a hit on my season ticket for this one.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
It snarls up around end Lewes Road / Southern Water so the last bit is usually pretty slow

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Presumably the train drivers aren’t paid whilst on strike? Its no wonder they need a pay rise.

:lolol:
They are responsible for the safety of hundreds of lives, similar to a pilot, and haven’t had a pay rise for four years.
Unlike politicians, who have a pay rise every year, and are lazy.
Mark Harper won’t talk to them, hides away, and the government still pays the Rail Operating Companies the same amount of money.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
They are responsible for the safety of hundreds of lives, similar to a pilot, and haven’t had a pay rise for four years.
Unlike politicians, who have a pay rise every year, and are lazy.
Mark Harper won’t talk to them, hides away, and the government still pays the Rail Operating Companies the same amount of money.
As much as I am irritated by this particular strike, I still support it for the above reasons.

mile oak

May 21, 2023
As much as I am irritated by this particular strike, I still support it for the above reasons.
Lots of ppl are responsible for the safety of others...what about a cleaner in a hospital (virus spread diseases etc)? Just one example, there are many.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports