Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] No trains for Brentford

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
I just cannot be arsed to get involved in another midweek trainless shitstorm. I used to be obsessive about getting to every game I could, but as I get older I find it just becomes less important. The Amex travel logistics post-covid have never properly recovered, just too many factors now have f*cked it all up, and its not just the appalling excuse of the train "service" either.

I shall find a warm comfortable barstool, and on the final whistle I shall congratulate myself on my decision NOT to be there. I'll have nothing more than a 10 minute wobble home, back to the safety of my armchair at least 90-120 minutes earlier than if I'd gone.

I'm a little the same these days - when I was in my 20s during the Russel Slade and Gus Poyet eras I did absolutely everything I could (as a broke student in living London) getting to as many games as I could as that was the only way to watch the Albion. Now as I'm a bit older, have 2 young kids and the games are all available to stream I find getting myself to games is much more of a conundrum. Even though I have a season ticket the thought of traipsing into a train shitstorm for an evening kick off in 2 degree rain sometimes leaves me sitting on the sofa, in the warm enjoying a nice glass of something. Perhaps I'm a bad fan, or just a southern fairy. Don't care!

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I was trying to work out my best route from South London for this.
Bus to East Croydon - Train Brighton - Walk to Falmer

I can handle that on the way to the game, but coming back will be too big a risk
I have a work event in Liverpool on Thursday - leaving home at 5am.

Probably going to have to swerve this one.

el punal

Perhaps the club as a one off can up the park n ride, bringing in more coaches, at a cost to them obviously.
How? At such short notice the club would have to contact all the available bus companies, they in turn have to make sure that the number of buses required is available, they also have to have a sufficient number of drivers to carry out the operation. On top of all that would any of the P&R sites be able to cope with the increase in traffic and anticipated parking spaces?

I would reckon the answer to all of the above is one big, fat no.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I've just booked a spot at the Pycombe park and ride as this seems like our best way of getting to and from the game. Most midweek games we do by train. I could drive to my Mums and get the bus to and from the game but I expect the buses to be even busier and I'd rather get home as quickly as possible after the game as my boys have school the next day.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
I was trying to work out my best route from South London for this.
Bus to East Croydon - Train Brighton - Walk to Falmer

I can handle that on the way to the game, but coming back will be too big a risk
I have a work event in Liverpool on Thursday - leaving home at 5am.

Probably going to have to swerve this one.
That does look challenging for you, given your work requirements on the Thursday.

However, bus between Brighton station and the Amex would be perfectly feasible. Post-match, your best option would be to walk through Falmer Village to the A27 westbound stop and pick up a limited stop 28/29/729 to St peter's then scoot up Trafalgar St to the station. Worth considering. There is never a q for those buses.

PG

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
How? At such short notice the club would have to contact all the available bus companies, they in turn have to make sure that the number of buses required is available, they also have to have a sufficient number of drivers to carry out the operation. On top of all that would any of the P&R sites be able to cope with the increase in traffic and anticipated parking spaces?

I would reckon the answer to all of the above is one big, fat no.
There is a massive shortage of bus drivers at the moment. My son couldn't get to college yesterday as B&H Buses cancelled three buses in a row thanks to a shortage of drivers. I'm surprised that P&R is managing to function as it is, seeing that the bus service is so appalling at the moment

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
As well as the engineering works between Brighton and Littlehampton for the Burnley game there's still an overtime ban in place that day, so fewer trains and none at all by the looks of it east of Eastbourne.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
There is a massive shortage of bus drivers at the moment. My son couldn't get to college yesterday as B&H Buses cancelled three buses in a row thanks to a shortage of drivers. I'm surprised that P&R is managing to function as it is, seeing that the bus service is so appalling at the moment
Weren't a lot poached for bigger wages driving HGV lorries

mreprice

Sep 12, 2010
Sydney, Australia
I'm flying over from Sydney for this game. Last one I went to was in 1989. Can any kind soul give some guidance of the best way to get to the ground? I arrive in Brighton early Wednesday afternoon and are staying at a hotel next to the station as I thought it would make life easier for someone with no idea how to get around!

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I'm flying over from Sydney for this game. Last one I went to was in 1989. Can any kind soul give some guidance of the best way to get to the ground? I arrive in Brighton early Wednesday afternoon and are staying at a hotel next to the station as I thought it would make life easier for someone with no idea how to get around!
No 25 bus from Churchill square, see link below.

Salty_Seagull

Quality over quantity
Jul 2, 2015
Brighton/Hove
Just get a bus from Old Steine.
#25 goes to the uni, #29#29 drop you off on the side of the A27 just outside the stadium.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here