Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No striker then?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Wells has scored in 1 in 3 for Huddersfield in this division, 17 last season. At age 26 and with better service from Albion's wide men he could be a 20 goal a season man - certainly fits the bill.

Nakhi and Knocky - flair!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'm quite gutted. Mostly because I know the club really wanted to bring someone in, and they were prepared to spend big money.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Egg on face potential of this thread? 90%

Looks like it's me not Zebedee with egg on his face,

Unbelievable that we are going into the season hoping to be top two with three strikers, one of whom can't score goals. Gutted, as I really believed we we were not going to let this happen again. Play off failure at best again, I accept that makes me sound like an entitled ****.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
The only hope if no one is signed tonight is a guaranteed landmark striker in the January window to push us on, however i think I'm kidding myself there again.

Club can still sign players who aren't contracted to a club after window closes, so options* could include: Marouane Chamakh, Federico Macheda, Modibo Maïga and Victor Anichebe

* all options that'll make you realise that something should have been done before the window closed

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We could have got Mario Balotelli on a free.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Looks like it's me not Zebedee with egg on his face,

Unbelievable that we are going into the season hoping to be top two with three strikers, one of whom can't score goals. Gutted, as I really believed we we were not going to let this happen again. Play off failure at best again, I accept that makes me sound like an entitled ****.

I would rather have a striker or two even if it meant plenty of egg on face but it now looks as if we're not going to strengthen our forward line further, which is desperately disappointing given the club's record in this area. I wonder what the club's Plan B is to fill the gap until January, or whether management will simply be keeping everything crossed. Perhaps we have a player who can be converted to a makeshift striker ala Virgo?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
What did Jamie Ward look like for Burton on loan from Forest who is a similar type support striker?

is it better to have shit or lots of shit

guess with lots of shit then one of them gives options and could put in an odd performance.

we should be having 5 or 6 strikers to pick from.

Joke the current situation really

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He always looked dangerous against us and I believe it was Mullery who asked the team who was the best defender they played against and signed Lawrenson perhaps CH should do similar and ask the defence who is the best striker thery have faced and chase him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here