Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] No Spurs for us as we came back from Anfield with COVID...

nsclurker

Apr 3, 2018
...and have to isolate until at least Monday - Tuesday for the boy - so our seats in the front row of the East Lower now up for grabs on the exchange.

Not pleased we'll miss the first RDZ home game. :angry::angry::angry:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I thought it was the team for a second

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Strictly speaking you don't have to isolate anymore but I understand why you would choose to do so.

nsclurker

Apr 3, 2018
Strictly speaking you don't have to isolate anymore but I understand why you would choose to do so.

Five days from the day after testing positive (me, from Weds), three days for the boy (from tomorrow).

Yup, with COVID infections on the rise, I can't be that selfish to risk helping it spread even more. Plus we both feel like :shit::shit::shit: anyway, so will watch from the comfort of the sofa.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...-thought-to-be-infected-in-england-data-shows

nsclurker

Apr 3, 2018
...and have to isolate until at least Monday - Tuesday for the boy - so our seats in the front row of the East Lower now up for grabs on the exchange.

Not pleased we'll miss the first RDZ home game. :angry::angry::angry:

Blimey. Both gone in c.30 mins at £58 a pop...

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Get well soon [MENTION=36621]nsclurker[/MENTION]

I'd hope that Covid is now going to be treated like any other semi-serious viral disease. If you had flu I doubt you'd go to a game because you'd a) feel like shit with no energy and b) not want to pass it on. Surely that makes sense for Covid now we have a degree of herd immunity and planned winter boosters?

nsclurker

Apr 3, 2018

I'd hope that Covid is now going to be treated like any other semi-serious viral disease. If you had flu I doubt you'd go to a game because you'd a) feel like shit with no energy and b) not want to pass it on. Surely that makes sense for Covid now we have a degree of herd immunity and planned winter boosters?

You'd think, but numbers are jumping back up. 1 in 65, last week, now up to 1 in 50 (2%) of the population that tested positive in the last week...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
With a very at risk wife I have very very reluctantly decided not to go tomorrow :down:

Just over a year since my last jab is too big a risk. I have a booster tomorrow morning too

Gutted but boringly concerned

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Exactly

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
You'd think, but numbers are jumping back up. 1 in 65, last week, now up to 1 in 50 (2%) of the population that tested positive in the last week...

I’m interested as to how they get the numbers now so many less people are testing? Is it just extrapolating?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I’m interested as to how they get the numbers now so many less people are testing? Is it just extrapolating?

Anecdotally, I'm aware of a number of people who have very recently got it in London but have never had it before (all vaccinated), me included.

I know who I got it from (and when) but was surprised how long it took to take effort on me and how many negative tests I took before I was positive.

Personal circumstances mean I am still in regular testing mode. Catching it caused quite a bit of complication for a few days.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Daughter was sent home from work last night after starting to feel ill and subsequently testing positive……..first time she’s had it despite working full time in an elderly patient Covid ward for several months in the pre-vax/crap PPE period :shrug:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Daughter was sent home from work last night after starting to feel ill and subsequently testing positive……..first time she’s had it despite working full time in an elderly patient Covid ward for several months in the pre-vax/crap PPE period :shrug:

Such is the randomness. I spent 3 months in an environment where I'd expect to catch it, then catch it a couple of weeks ago from someone who probably caught it on a train.

At the moment (for the above reasons) I would behave the same if I had flu or even a bad cold, but it's the particular oddness of Covid that meant I chose to stay away from the vulnerable.

I had limited flu symptoms but it chose to "attack" every old injury or sprain I'd had in the past. The severe tiredness was quite interesting. I walked up the Clapham Common and was so f@@@@ had to have a kip before walking home.

You don't want to inflict that on someone who very elderly and/or seriously ill.

For those who suggest "it's another flu", well that's correct but they've completely disregarded the fact that it's then flu doubled. Both dangerous to the elderly and vulnerable.

Last edited:

Tony the Pony

Jul 7, 2003
Littlehampton
I tested positive on Tuesday after a week's holiday in Cyprus, so I won't be there. I've felt really ill with it as well, much worse than a cold. The main symptom is a really sore throat. My ticket is on the exchange in the SW corner.

Last edited:

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Such is the randomness. I spent 3 months in an environment where I'd expect to catch it, then catch it a couple of weeks ago from someone who probably caught it on a train.

At the moment (for the above reasons) I would behave the same if I had flu or even a bad cold, but it's the particular oddness of Covid that meant I chose to stay away from the vulnerable.

I had limited flu symptoms but it chose to "attack" every old injury or sprain I'd had in the past. The severe tiredness was quite interesting. I walked up the Clapham Common and was so f@@@@ had to have a kip before walking home.

You don't want to inflict that on someone who very elderly and/or seriously ill.

For those who suggest "it's another flu", well that's correct but they've completely disregarded the fact that it's then flu doubled. Both dangerous to the elderly and vulnerable.

Must admit, I had my double indemnity booster and flu jab on the same day about 3 weeks ago and haven't felt right since, to the point that I tested a couple of times just in case. Two weeks of thoroughly uncomfortable cold/ flu symptons, achy body and dog tired but can't sleep a full night. It's now a full 3 weeks since the jabs and hoping now they're in my system properly, I'll start to pick up. Looking forward to the match, but back to wearing a mask in the concourse today I think.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here