Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] No one interested in Wales v USA?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Ref bottled it, should be a red. Open goal means it is a clear goal scoring opportunity.
No way. If you're going to give reds for a foul on the halfway line we'll be playing 7 a side soon enough. The xG of that must have been 0.2 at best.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Were those commentators paid by the Welsh FA to drool all over the very average Welsh side.
"Oh it had to be Bale, he writes his own scripts". "The Welsh fans and the players are like a team together". "Yes that's the Welsh crowd you can hear". f*** sake
Agreed.
"HE'S A FREAK. HE'S A GENIUS. HE SCORES WHEN HE WANTS"

Err. He scored a pen, mate :facepalm:

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Were those commentators paid by the Welsh FA to drool all over the very average Welsh side.
"Oh it had to be Bale, he writes his own scripts". "The Welsh fans and the players are like a team together". "Yes that's the Welsh crowd you can hear". f*** sake
Don't forget he scores when he wants......which is not strictly true as every game would be 9-0 to Wales...

John Hartson ......embarresing........celebrating like they won the WC

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I had to turn the sound off after the Welsh scored. The sychophancy was sickening. But fair play to Wales for that comeback.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
What's silly? It was a goal scoring opportunity.
Using that logic so is almost every free touch of the ball.

Blocking a keeper from kicking it out of his hands? Red card all day long ref. After all, the other keeper was out of his box and it might have bounced over him.

There's a reason that halfway line goals make headlines for weeks - because they're as rare as rocking horse shit. Sidwell's is the only one I know we've scored since 1901 and after he scored it.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
A reckless tackle by a tired second/third rate US defender and suddenly Bale goes from “not noticed” to a super hero (altho I suppose compared to his Welsh team mates he is)
Wales were down and out at half time , second half much better but nothing really decisive he then wins them a point by 'winning' the penalty and then scoring from the spot. So yes a super hero cause he got them a result.....

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Don't be daft. We all know Bale had a chance to score because it was within shooting range and there was no keeper in the goal.

There's a reason that halfway line goals make headlines for weeks - because they're as rare as rocking horse shit.
Yeah, because goalkeepers are usually in their goal. You only have to go back to the Euros to see Scotland's keeper on sabbatical, followed by some comedic chasing the ball into his own net.

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
Kieffer Moore made a big difference 2nd half. He’s a better all round player from when I last saw him. The pacy lads upfront in the first half just couldn’t get on the ball. Good half time substitution

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Was going to say, I was in a pub so didn't hear the commentary, but Kieffer Moore (not Gareth Bale) is the man who made the difference.

And he's in form domestically, so what on earth was Page doing leaving him out?

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Agreed.
"HE'S A FREAK. HE'S A GENIUS. HE SCORES WHEN HE WANTS"

Err. He scored a pen, mate :facepalm:
I hate to break it to but this is exactly what happens when England are playing but you don't notice it then

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Bloody hell the BBC this morning is impossible anyone would think Wales had won the World Cup. They scraped a draw against the US of A.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Bloody hell the BBC this morning is impossible anyone would think Wales had won the World Cup. They scraped a draw against the US of A.
I don't really understand the outrage. Why shouldn't they celebrate winning a point against more fancied opponents when at half time they were behind and playing shit?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

Blocking a keeper from kicking it out of his hands? Red card all day long ref. After all, the other keeper was out of his box and it might have bounced over him.

There's a reason that halfway line goals make headlines for weeks - because they're as rare as rocking horse shit. Sidwell's is the only one I know we've scored since 1901 and after he scored it.
The big difference is that the keeper was near the half way line, and there were no defenders in front of Bale. That makes that situation considerably less rare than rocking horse shit. I think it was clearly a goal scoring opportunity, which is something different from a nailed-on goal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here