Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] No one interested in Wales v USA?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The big difference is that the keeper was near the half way line, and there were no defenders in front of Bale. That makes that situation considerably less rare than rocking horse shit. I think it was clearly a goal scoring opportunity, which is something different from a nailed-on goal.
I looked online to see if I might have been too hasty and saw a tweet on it from Stu Holden. It looks like the keeper is much further towards his goal than halfway. There are also players between the ball and goal.

It does seem like this is a goal scoring opportunity for a player like Bale but it would still need to be a great strike. My point is really that most PL teams play sweeper keepers and we’d often see Sanchez or Ederson 25 to 35 yards out. Wiping out, say, a left back who has the ball nicely set and wants to have a go at the lob from 50 or out should only ever be a yellow. This is fractionally different to be fair but I still come down on the side of yellow. Just

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I hate to break it to but this is exactly what happens when England are playing but you don't notice it then
Hmm....not really. Did you actually hear Tyldsey's commentary on Bales Wales last night ? It was as though he was describing some kind of deity, like he was witnessing the Second Coming. He completely lost his shit, to the extent that 'Tyldsley' was actually trending on Twitter (so quite a few folk noticed his unfettered orgasmic convulsions behind the mic). And all because of a scabby late penalty to salvage a fortunate draw against the yanks. The hyperbole simply went off the scale.

That is certainly not exactly what happens whenever England play.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Hmm....not really. Did you actually hear Tyldsey's commentary on Bales Wales last night ? It was as though he was describing some kind of deity, like he was witnessing the Second Coming. He completely lost his shit, to the extent that 'Tyldsley' was actually trending on Twitter (so quite a few folk noticed his unfettered orgasmic convulsions behind the mic). And all because of a scabby late penalty to salvage a fortunate draw against the yanks. The hyperbole simply went off the scale.

That is certainly not exactly what happens whenever England play.
It happens every major football tournament (Wales manage to qualify for) and every 6 Nations and RWC. England fans complaining about commentary bias as it's the only time they hear their channels with another home team.
This hyperbole was the same with Beckham, Rooney and Gerrard. It'll be the same when Kane scruffs one in late on to save us drawing against the US

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It happens every major football tournament (Wales manage to qualify for) and every 6 Nations and RWC. England fans complaining about commentary bias as it's the only time they hear their channels with another home team.
This hyperbole was the same with Beckham, Rooney and Gerrard. It'll be the same when Kane scruffs one in late on to save us drawing against the US
I'm not particularly bothered about commentary bias, that's fairly commonplace whoever you watch (particularly with Wales because of their phenomenal PASHUN as eternal underdogs). But last night, the incredible levels of sycophancy in the commentary towards Bale became worthy of comment in of itself, because it genuinely broke new boundaries. You had to hear it to believe it.

If you don't believe me, just search #tyldsley

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
John Hartson is BACK for the Denmark V Tunisia game today. If you thought he was bad last night, good god today

"I like this Denmark team, got to the Semi finals of the Euro's and went out to England. Who got to the final"

"Olson has to gamble there, not that i'm promoting gambling of course"

It's an assault on the ears.

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
I looked online to see if I might have been too hasty and saw a tweet on it from Stu Holden. It looks like the keeper is much further towards his goal than halfway. There are also players between the ball and goal.

It does seem like this is a goal scoring opportunity for a player like Bale but it would still need to be a great strike. My point is really that most PL teams play sweeper keepers and we’d often see Sanchez or Ederson 25 to 35 yards out. Wiping out, say, a left back who has the ball nicely set and wants to have a go at the lob from 50 or out should only ever be a yellow. This is fractionally different to be fair but I still come down on the side of yellow. Just

To be fair, even if it was a red, it would have totally still been worth it.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

A persuasive and subtle case but, despite that, I think it's still a red. Just...
... but that's because I like rules/changes to rules that favour attacking players, which colour my assessments of incidents.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
A persuasive and subtle case but, despite that, I think it's still a red. Just...
... but that's because I like rules/changes to rules that favour attacking players, which colour my assessments of incidents.
Rules? there are no rules in foo..........oh I give up.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
John Hartson is BACK for the Denmark V Tunisia game today. If you thought he was bad last night, good god today

"I like this Denmark team, got to the Semi finals of the Euro's and went out to England. Who got to the final"

"Olson has to gamble there, not that i'm promoting gambling of course"

It's an assault on the ears.
Thank f*** I was in the office

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
And, full disclosure, I played centre back :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here