Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nike Albion shirts - what are your thoughts?

What do you think about Nike becoming the Albion's kit supplier?

• Total voters

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Don't think we'll manage to sell 30k+ replica shirts like we did in the first season at Falmer. I would like to find out who the numpty was who then re-ordered which meant there was a massive overstock of brighton&hovejobs.com shirts.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
It's probably a poor comparison on my part, because a top in a high street clothes store doesn't go out of date in the same way as a football shirt does. I just don't really see what box a football shirt ticks for anyone of adult age. If you play, you probably don't want something that costs £50 and is poorly made. If you're trying to look trendy then you're barking up the wrong tree. If you want something to wear to matches then you should realise that you'll be in jumpers/coats for 80% of the football season anyway so it'll rarely show. If you want to go out before/after matches it's the last thing you want to be seen in. If you have any sense of value for money you'll laugh at the price tag and quality.

But turn on the television every weekend for any game and you'll see tens of thousands of people in them at every match, so I appreciate I must be wrong.

Again - £19.99, not £50. Certainly not for looking trendy - Football Fashion is the most disgusting concept for anything ever. Football does NOT go with Fashion. At all.

Just nice when playing football/other sports/jogging to wear the colours of the team you support, is all. Nothing more, nothing less.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Looking forward to seeing the design and buying a new shirt. Still a great feeling after all these years.

Regardless of what one thinks about the manufacturer, the Albion colours are the most important.

Oh, and no time for the cold and timid souls who think age is an issue to wearing an Albion shirt.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I don't, although at any time in my life where I have been playing football I have never considered buying an Albion shirt to wear for that purpose. And if I started playing again tomorrow, a £50 piece of polyester would still not be my chosen garment.

What would be your chosen garment, Mr Badger?

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
I think it's a bit of a shame that after 15 years of bespoke designs from Errea, we'll now be wearing a Nike template with blue and white stripes.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Although the club might make a bit more than they would from Errea I really can't believe it's hugely significant in the big scheme of things.

Anyone in the know on this? Are margins larger? Are there up front and annual payments from Nike to BHA? If so what sort of money is likely to be involved?

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
At present - its probably a great deal for the club, but my opinions may change if the kit is a general template so we look like the 5-a-side team from The Dog and Duck.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Don't mind which brand as long as it's still the blue and white stripes. Would prefer they played in the stripes away, unless it clashed, don't mind what the away colours are. Will still wear my v old BHA striped sweat from many leagues ago.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Again - £19.99, not £50. Certainly not for looking trendy - Football Fashion is the most disgusting concept for anything ever. Football does NOT go with Fashion. At all.

Just nice when playing football/other sports/jogging to wear the colours of the team you support, is all. Nothing more, nothing less.

I never had you down as a Full Kit Wanker, that's if you wear BHA shorts and socks with the shirt:)

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
I haven't had an Albion shirt since I was a kid, but I've purchased this season's away shirt purely because; it is the last year of Errea, I think it's a decent kit and I could pick it up for £20. The only time I envisage wearing it is for exercise (running, gym, football) or lounging round the house. It's a historic kit of sorts as it signals the end of era; for £20 I think it's a good purchase - you'd pay about the same for a decent top that would be used for the same purposes.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
for me, Although I buy every home kit, I never wear them, just collect them, have each one since the British Caledionian kit. So i dont mind who makes it. The leisure wear is what i wear and I think the current stuff is awful, I am hoping that the Nike stuff is a lot better, which I am sure it will be, my worry is that it will be overpriced.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
PLR.....Which is fair enough.Global branding is the "Holy Grail "......pre season tours to the far east etc etc. If we support our club ,this is where IMO we are heading.One thing for sure is that Nike are as hard nosed as they come,for top dollar,they will not want Sunday league !!!

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

Or going shopping:)

image.jpg

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I don't like Nike, but I want our club to get the best financial deal, so Nike it is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here