Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nights out in Brighton on the Late 70s - Early 80s

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The Curtain Club (great for late night drinking)
Kings 1 (mutton dressed as lamb mostly)

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Do I just!!

The Don Pashley band!

The dearie who was there almost everynight and who used to wear a ball gown.

Bullion balls?

Bullion Balls at Top Rank. Now you are talking!

I used to work for a bank. We used to get tickets for the BBs at Top Rank. Used to be heavily outnumbered by the ladies. Happy Days!

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
Bullion Balls at Top Rank. Now you are talking!

I used to work for a bank. We used to get tickets for the BBs at Top Rank. Used to be heavily outnumbered by the ladies. Happy Days!

We must have been rivals for the affections of said ladies my old mate!!

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
We must have been rivals for the affections of said ladies my old mate!!

There were certainly enough to go around. Only drawback was that they were midweek, if I remember correctly.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Anyone remember the Kings Club.

That was tottytastic, but you had to have oodles of money and a car...which we didn't have in abundance

Coasters was fun.

otk

~(.)(.)~
May 15, 2007
Leg out of the bed
A mate used to work at The Co-op on London Road in Brighton and some Saturdays we would go to their social club above Blockbusters

The 'DJ's' if you could call them that, played mainly wedding reception music

Lots of teenage angst and cheap bottles of Holsten Pils

Luvit :rolleyes:

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
im showing my age but when i was 16/17 the gloucester used to be called MR Ks, anyone remember it ? also toppers and rumours , anyone remember these two next to the old ABC ?

Differnt routes

1. Pub crawl Trafalgar Street - loads of pubs or
2. Station down to th wClockTower.

Finishing with the Rank.

As I got into Punk we got into the dives but including Quadrant, Queens Head, the two pubs as it was then onthe beach and what was that place near the then Bus Station that was a windy wet hole but did great gigs. Began with A and on a wet night the sea spray seem to come in through the dilapidated window frames.

otk

~(.)(.)~
May 15, 2007
Leg out of the bed
im showing my age but when i was 16/17 the gloucester used to be called MR Ks, anyone remember it ? also toppers and rumours , anyone remember these two next to the old ABC ?

Showing my age now, as it used to be called The Bird's Nest before it was Mr. K's

While it was Mr. K's, they did a £7 'entrance and drink as much as you like' night

Can you imaging drinking all night now for £7?

otk

~(.)(.)~
May 15, 2007
Leg out of the bed
Differnt routes

1. Pub crawl Trafalgar Street - loads of pubs or
2. Station down to th wClockTower.

Finishing with the Rank.

As I got into Punk we got into the dives but including Quadrant, Queens Head, the two pubs as it was then onthe beach and what was that place near the then Bus Station that was a windy wet hole but did great gigs. Began with A and on a wet night the sea spray seem to come in through the dilapidated window frames.

Alhambra?

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
In the Druids. Then to anyone of the three Kings Clubs. Don't know why, was never able to pull anything much. Not partial to mutton through as Icy Gull suggests. He's got the right car now through by the look of his avatar.:wave:

otk

~(.)(.)~
May 15, 2007
Leg out of the bed
Anybody go to Cinderellas at Stroods Motel up the A23?

Got a bit of a reputation of having heavy handed bouncers

Got closed down because of the trouble

:drink:

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
A nostalgia thread.

Me and the 'boys' used to meet up most Fridays and also some Saturdays to discuss topics current and partake of ale and fine wine.

Now we had a set route as a form of tradition.

This is as follows:

The Volunteer
Shades
The Sussex
The Druids Head
The Deryck Carver
Hennekeys
Busbys or Pink Coconut.

Question were you a face around the pubs in those days - what tales do you have of these extablishments.

Remeber all those except The Volunteer, not sure i got any stories to tell though:(

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
We used to start off at the William Tell, feeding the video jukebox only to find that your selection would never appear. Then it was down to the Pavillion Tavern, then onto Smugglers, Henneckys and then Shades, before entering Coasters.

Afterwards, walking up West Street avoiding the so called West Street Firm, with their kickers and stone washed jeans, we would either have a doner kebab in that takeaway just up from Pink Coconut or go to the Market Diner.

Very rarely we would have some really disgusting meal at a takeaway at the bottom of St Jamess street. It was run by 3 really fat women. They seemed to go up in sizes, much like Russian Dolls.

Oh and the Hungry Years was full of rockers on a weekend, but boy was it full of foreign skirt during the week. Many a happy college night on a weds/thursday.

Happy days

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here