Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nigel Adkins sacked by Southampton [Merged]

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
This does seem rather odd, perhaps they caught it off Chelsea on Tuesday night.

D

Deleted member 18477

what did adkins do wrong? football is a mental sport at times! oh i suppose the chairman expected southampton to be in the top 4 did he?

i'd happily have adkins at brighton in the future.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Hang on, when Harry came back to Pompey was there a bit of a scandal that a couple of the Stain's board lumped on and made quite a few grand at the bookies ? maybe similar is happening

The maximum payout on these markets is usually about a £200 so I doubt it.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I wonder how much Pochy will get to use before the window closes. He'd probably want a decent sum to help make a couple of signings to make the team seem like his.
What an unpleasant end to a successful career for the pointy-haired physio.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Oman, I can't Belize they have done this. I think they have been russian this new appointment to get it out at the same time as firing Adkins.

That's me done with the puns. Can't think of any more. Iraq my brains, but nothing. Iran out of ideas.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I know everyone on here hates him, but to be fair to the bloke he has done a great job and doesn't deserve this.

I don't particularly hate him, and I find this a strange decision. They started badly, but they'e done pretty well lately. At the start I couldn't see any way they would survive in the Prem this season, but they have/had every chance of doing that.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Has the snow gone to their heads a bit? He's a bit of a bell-end, but he's done well for them so far.

Madness.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Something is fishy here.

The guy has just got them promoted and they are not in the relegation zone. He has just drawn 2-2 with the European Champions away from home, and from what I have seen the Saints can play good football in that league. I thought they would be safe come the end of the season.

It all feels like there is more to come out. Pochettino has had limited success as a manager with just one club. This is all odd.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here