Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Nicolo Zaniolo

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Anyone know the details on his injuries and how he's performed since then? Has there been any set backs or does he seem clear of the ACL problems now?

Spending £35m on a player with bad injury problems makes me uncomfortable.
One ACL injury in 19/20 and one in 20/21. Not unusual but once a player has been fit for a year without ripping the ACL again, they are statistically not more likely than anyone else to suffer another one, so he should be fine in that regard.

Since then he has had a fair bit of smaller injuries but nothing keeping him out for more than a few weeks.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Most of the noise is that he is heading to Spurs once they've ironed out price etc but audere est facere.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Anyone know the details on his injuries and how he's performed since then? Has there been any set backs or does he seem clear of the ACL problems now?

Spending £35m on a player with bad injury problems makes me uncomfortable.
Nunez at Liverpool has had both knees operated on before he went to them and they still parted with 85 big ones.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
If we have bid £25m that is £5m of their asking price which is €35m £25m plus add ons and its pretty much what they want

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Not even wasting energy on this one, this is never going to happen.
As you’ve predicted we will freefall down the league and probably not a Brighton fan, your post makes me think this may actually happen 🤣👍

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Spurs move doesn't make a huge amount of sense does it? Obviously they're reluctant to pay up front, probably because it's a Conte signing. And they've got a right winger who looks a worldie and is just about their best player this season. Seems odd. Not surprised they're not desperate to get it over the line.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I don't know how I'd feel about this. Signing players for big money now feels a bit un-Brighton. I mean, we've done so well with the ones we've signed for (relative) peanuts that literally every club in the Premier League is jealous right now. Is there a chance of a big name upsetting the apple cart a bit?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here