Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Nicolo Zaniolo

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Will Do Permanent Deal? I mean, I don't even know where to start.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Same outlet that reported the interest now reporting a formal bid been made €25m
Exciting.

If it’s a choice of playing for Miserable Moyes, Crazy Conte or Daring De Zerbi, surely there is no contest?

However, I acknowledge that money normally plays the central role in these sorts of matters. We may be 6th in football terms but we are bottom 3 in terms of how much we pay players and how much we pay for players (which is a very good thing indeed imho).

He he decides the move with his heart rather than his accountant, we have a chance but we need a big accepted by his club first.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Reported that the £25m bid has been rejected, but first bids usually are. Saying Roma want £35m. I expect we could try a few add ons such as an extra £5m if we get into the Champions League😂

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Reported that the £25m bid has been rejected, but first bids usually are. Saying Roma want £35m. I expect we could try a few add ons such as an extra £5m if we get into the Champions League😂
I believe, from various press, that they are determined to sell him this window. Comparisons with the Trossard situation are interesting. At this stage, the Italians will be looking to create a bidding war.

I’m hoping that we sold Tross mid-window (rather than dragging the deal out to the end for those extra £100,000s) because we wanted to concentrate on signing his replacement and that Spuds and Chelsea had no real intention of helping with the bidding war. Perhaps Roma are in a position to sell on the final day of the window? I don’t expect them to get their £35m though.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
There can’t be too many teams around with £25m- £35m in their back pockets to spend this window. If Roma want the money, and want rid of the player, they may have to eventually accept our money.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
I’ve never seen him play, but he comes from Roma so get him in the van.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I’m getting a bit too excited about this rumour even though I know full well it’s not going to happen! He is such a talent, would be amazing if we could pull it off.

Although I really like Roma as a club, you can’t blame him for wanting out of there at the moment - they are unsurprisingly so boring under Mourinho.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Anyone know the details on his injuries and how he's performed since then? Has there been any set backs or does he seem clear of the ACL problems now?

Spending £35m on a player with bad injury problems makes me uncomfortable.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here