Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Nicolas Tagliafico

Danny Wilson Said

May 2, 2020
Palookaville
I really hope this is true. Although he is a very different type of player to Cucarella, he is an excellent LB.

This piece of analysis,

https://totalfootballanalysis.com/a...rld-class-left-back-tactical-analysis-tactics

from 2019/20 examines the strengths of 8 of the leading left backs in world football, and guess what? Tagliafico ranks highest. (With the major caveat that his ranking is achieved with stats from the eredivisie. But still, he is Argentina's number 3.)

So we're saying that he's more than a sort of Bernardo Mk II?

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I could have posted this photo:
3efa340acbef57c23dd7b14e54688c4c.jpg

But I didn’t want this thread sink to bottom of the taste barrel. Rather than focus on the quality of the player, I suspect most would comment on the quality of something else.

We’re better than that!
Nurse, the screens..

No, no we are definitely not better than that.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Looking at various clips of Nicolás Tagliafico, his runs are quite similar to Cucu . Lots of lung busting runs up the wing . He’s 29 which means he’s probably not going to be silly money and we can probably match what he’s on at Ajax . If Cucu goes , he would appear to be a good replacement as his style is very similar .

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Sing him up Tony.

A great replacement for Cucu if needed. Get him in before any sale.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
to be honest he could really supplement our squad without selling cucurella. we can just have one at wing back and the other at left centre back and they're both able to cover for eachother

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
to be honest he could really supplement our squad without selling cucurella. we can just have one at wing back and the other at left centre back and they're both able to cover for eachother

This. Vetman-esque addition to the squad for reasonable money in PL terms, with or without Cucurella.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

But I didn’t want this thread sink to bottom of the taste barrel. Rather than focus on the quality of the player, I suspect most would comment on the quality of something else.

We’re better than that!

The clarity of that water is amazing.

el punal

We’re better than that!

Look over there and you can see the Volks Railway, yep, next to the Palace Pier where that bloke is throwing up next to his pissed mates. Oh look, there’s a hen party arguing with some bouncers . . . . .

Jul 7, 2003
Look over there and you can see the Volks Railway, yep, next to the Palace Pier where that bloke is throwing up next to his pissed mates. Oh look, there’s a hen party arguing with some bouncers . . . . .

"Can't see anything, it's all hidden behind some giant fans"

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
great player with great experience but at 29 I'd be surprised if we didn't stick to the 'buy talent, develop and sell', which we can't really do with him. but maybe we'll buy a very young protege who's a couple of seasons away from the first team and use tagliafico as a stop-gap, and a very good one at that

We’ve got one. Goes by the name of Zac Sturge.

Haven’t still got the young Polish LB as well that’s been out on loan - Karbownik ?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Haven’t still got the young Polish LB as well that’s been out on loan - Karbownik ?

You mean the LB we bought who wants to play everywhere except LB? On his way out if we can find a buyer I think (or if we can find anyone to take him, to be honest - hasn't impressed on loan).

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Veltman, Sherpen and Mac, the official pre welcome committee

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A quick look at who he follows on Twitter and none of those three are in the 144 people he follows.

However, Fabrizio Romano is, so maybe he is someone to take seriously, for this rumour at least.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here