Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Nicolás González

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
But Bielsa would turn him into a great player, Potter is shit and Leeds would beat us to any player as they all really want to go to Leeds - twitter told me!

If he does sign for us it’s great to have the quote from Stuggart’s president saying Leeds interest and offers were concrete so he literally would have chosen us over them... but let’s wait and see :lol:

In this obvious scenario, isnt the narrative also obvious.

Prefers to be a big fish in a small pond rather than the other way around....... Lot more chance of game time in that inferior squad than ours......... Not up the expectation of playing in such a massive club........ Its obvious Bielsa has someone better in mind so Brighton was only option........ Never rated him, looks shit....... Just a show pony, dodged a bullet etc

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Against a pub team I guess? But still shows a level of class to have that vision.

I trust GP and Ashworth.. this lad will be good. They’ve been hitting it out the park with our recent signings.

Has a whiff of the Steve Sidwells about him.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Against a pub team I guess? But still shows a level of class to have that vision.

I trust GP and Ashworth.. this lad will be good. They’ve been hitting it out the park with our recent signings.

I think Hamburg so no pub team

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Scored 2 in a half last week including one from halfway line!

In temperatures of over 30 degrees Celsius in Tyrol, Gonzalez made it 2-0 in the 32nd minute following a pass from Philipp Klement before scoring an eye-catching second just seven minutes later. The Argentinian won the ball off Hamburg’s Klaus Gjasula in his own half, spotted goalkeeper Daniel Heuer Fernandes a long way off his line and found the net from close to the halfway line. HSV fought back through goals from Simon Terodde (43’) and Manuel Wintzheimer (66’), but couldn’t deny VfB a deserved victory.

All the reports suggest Leeds were in for him so can’t imagine he’d come to us over them. Maybe visiting Alexis then on his way to Yorkshire in the morning.

Here.

Dutch

Aug 16, 2012
If it is him it’ll be fascinating to hear Potters comments as he kid of confirmed Veltmen was a right back in his eyes after he signed. But yes, I don’t think he’ll be the striker - but I can see someone in midfield making way if he does sign - maybe March or Gross?

March won't be sold, he's the best LWB we have currently. Also covers LW and somewhat RW. If anyone it'll be J'baksh. Also wouldn't be surprised if we played Potters preferred 3 at the back a lot more this season as we definitely have the personnel. This will mean more game time opportunity for March. IMO. I actually think he looks a better player playing wing back than winger. UTA.

:bhasign:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
March won't be sold, he's the best LWB we have currently. Also covers LW and somewhat RW. If anyone it'll be J'baksh. Also wouldn't be surprised if we played Potters preferred 3 at the back a lot more this season as we definitely have the personnel. This will mean more game time opportunity for March. IMO. I actually think he looks a better player playing wing back than winger. UTA.

:bhasign:

**** I literally forgot about him :facepalm: Yes it’ll surely be Ali J you’re right.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I think Hamburg so no pub team

Actually.. Hamburg supporters would probably disagree...

Still though, that type of goal can be scored at any level - it just happens really rarely that a player is brave, confident and clever enough to attempt it.

Reminds me of a goal from my favorite all-time player. (cant miss out on posting some Pierre propaganda)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubJm4HaZNFY

Put your hands up for Pi-Air!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
March won't be sold, he's the best LWB we have currently.

We know that's why the club have LWB very much on their shopping list.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
I heard sometime ago whatever was going on with his knee wasn’t good, almost career ending, how true I don’t know but he hasn’t played since, so I’d say the above could be a strong possibility.

Izzy posted on instragram this morning a picture of him looking at some new football boots in a blue changing room. Couldnt work out if it was Lancing or Amex, but suggests playing some more football is on his mind.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Izzy posted on instragram this morning a picture of him looking at some new football boots in a blue changing room. Couldnt work out if it was Lancing or Amex, but suggests playing some more football is on his mind.

I guess if a replacement who happens to be wanted by all at the club, becomes available, it would be somewhat foolish to say:-

'no thanks we've still got Izzy'.

Sad to say.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Could it have been Sports direct?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here