Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Nicolás González

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
No way either of them are that stupid to post that if he's signed/signing for us.

Or
The deal is already done, and he's having his medical today.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
If he's signing for Leeds I can't imagine they'd be best pleased if he decided to take a detour via Brighton so he can visit a mate.

Can you imagine if we'd just flown a player over for a medical/contract negotiations & he f*cked off 200 miles away on a jolly?

Exactly.
Both clubs would be FURIOUS.
Can only see this as him joining his best buddy here.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Agreed. Wouldn’t be surprised if he was signing for Leeds or someone else and just visiting his mate while over here. Quite a normal thing for anyone to do.
Except when your mate is in a professional Covid bubble.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Definitely a wide option rather than central striker. Looks rapid, tricky and capable of taking on players, all attributes we need from a wide player this season. Think he would be great for Maupay as he would surely draw out two defenders therefore creating more space in the middle.

I'm in. If we got Nunez too as a Murray replacement I would need a change of underwear.

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
If he's signing for Leeds I can't imagine they'd be best pleased if he decided to take a detour via Brighton so he can visit a mate.

Can you imagine if we'd just flown a player over for a medical/contract negotiations & he f*cked off 200 miles away on a jolly?

A bit like Pritchard going to Norwich

He was flown to England by Leeds
Landed at Gatwick and was on m25 when his mate Mac called
He said what’s up how are you
He said was in England to go to Leeds
Mac said don’t go there their fans are deluded cnts head south join us
So he does a U turn
The rest as the say is all history and not in the slightest made up.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Exactly.
Both clubs would be FURIOUS.
Can only see this as him joining his best buddy here.

But Bielsa would turn him into a great player, Potter is shit and Leeds would beat us to any player as they all really want to go to Leeds - twitter told me!

If he does sign for us it’s great to have the quote from Stuggart’s president saying Leeds interest and offers were concrete so he literally would have chosen us over them... but let’s wait and see :lol:

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
If he is signing for another club but staying with Mac 'en route' then Mac is a silly boy. And NO WAY he is just visiting. Not with Covid.
Absolutely nailed on he is signing for us.

Exactly, it’s seems highly probable he’s our new signing now.

Curious how he fits in as he seems to be another Trossard type. Makes me think he’s not our striker, and we’ll still get one more. Maybe Nunez.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
But Bielsa would turn him into a great player, Potter is shit and Leeds would beat us to any player as they all really want to go to Leeds - twitter told me!

If he does sign for us it’s great to have the quote from Stuggart’s president saying Leeds interest and offers were concrete so he literally would have chosen us over them... but let’s wait and see :lol:

Except there is not a footballer on the planet who would choose Brighton over Mighty Leeds is there?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Curious how he fits in as he seems to be another Trossard type. Makes me think he’s not our striker, and we’ll still get one more. Maybe Nunez.

If it is him it’ll be fascinating to hear Potters comments as he kid of confirmed Veltmen was a right back in his eyes after he signed. But yes, I don’t think he’ll be the striker - but I can see someone in midfield making way if he does sign - maybe March or Gross?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Except there is not a footballer on the planet who would choose Brighton over Mighty Leeds is there?

We’ve done well to cover up Ben White’s transfer request and refusal to play for us so far - twitter told me so. He was / is desperate to join Leeds.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We’ve done well to cover up Ben White’s transfer request and refusal to play for us so far - twitter told me so. He was / is desperate to join Leeds.

See, even our contracted players want to move to Leeds

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020

Yeah the Nunez thing is definitely still going- just reported again on Talksport.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I’m confused as to why Naylor / Owen / any national press haven’t mentioned anything on the photo and it’s not the afternoon - maybe just the bank holiday thing but still a bit odd!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I’m confused as to why Naylor / Owen / any national press haven’t mentioned anything on the photo and it’s not the afternoon - maybe just the bank holiday thing but still a bit odd!

Brian Owen is off for a couple of days. Tweeted late yesterday that Adam Stenning is back in the sports team at the argus, and Owen was off for a few days (though his name will appear on some upcoming articles).

No excuse for the others (other than an embargo, perhaps?)

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020

It's (surely?!) a blatant infringement of any bubble rules. I don't know what the exact rules are, but guy comes over from Germany and comes to your house can't be allowed?! So the fact there's been no comment suggests the next comment from press or club might be a signing announcement.

(If this was normal times it'd be easy to say there's nothing in it- just seeing a mat. But this year?)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Nico Gonzales, earlier this week...

[tweet]1298706091535106049[/tweet]

Mentioned this earlier in the thread - he scored 2 in one half v Hamburg. Looks to be finding the net pre season for them...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here