Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nicolas Fedor

finlaych

Apr 16, 2011
Brighton, United Kingdom
To be fair, there are only 8 of them who are actually hotter than my current bird...

21931d1345989108-what-alternative-gaming-happy-i-see-what-you-did-there.png

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I think people would be surprised what Spanish club presidents will be prepared to accept. Michael Laudrup said the other day that the dire financial situation in Spain means that the best bargains in Europe are to be had there.

Indeed. What with Gus' connections over there it would not be a total surprise to see a player from that league join the club today.

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
Odds on them going down are shortening by the second. It's a shame, as I quite like the way they conduct business and run their club. Llorente is just pure class though and it was inevitable he'd be going somewhere...surprised it wasn't to Madrid or Barca though.

Very much this.

Likewise.

I'd bank on Iker Muniain being the next to leave, probably to Madrid or Barca (hopefully, from my POV, the latter). That kid has some SERIOUS talent.

And this!

I think people would be surprised what Spanish club presidents will be prepared to accept. Michael Laudrup said the other day that the dire financial situation in Spain means that the best bargains in Europe are to be had there.

And this. I believe you are right, which is sad really given the quality of that league in depth.

I knew Michu would be a fantastic signing for The Swans for example, but was stunned at what a bargain price they picked him up for.

I think Albion have one big fee available in their tank and from a purely selfish point of view Spain is a very appetising restaurant at which to dine! The issue will be whether we can persuade potential suitors to come to The Cham'ship....a very entertaining and highly competitive division, with the fourth highest attendances in Europe (ahead of Italy and France) it might be but will they know that, much less care?!

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Swansea are picking up proper bargains from La Liga this summer - Michu for £2m and Pablo from Valencia for about £6m. Ridiculous value

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
This. The La Liga is sending itself the way of the Scottish Premier League. All the money lies with 2 clubs and no one else can compete. Short termism at its most obvious

Can't see how clubs like Getafe can survive with a stadium capacity of under 18k and the way the TV money is structured in Spain, i.e. all the cash to Real Madrid and Barcelona.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Swansea are picking up proper bargains from La Liga this summer - Michu for £2m and Pablo from Valencia for about £6m. Ridiculous value

Two very good examples.

There are definitely bargains to be had in La Liga for the discerning shopper with a bit of cash in his pocket.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Two very good examples.

There are definitely bargains to be had in La Liga for the discerning shopper with a bit of cash in his pocket.

Swansea have strengthened their squad a lot already, and are about £9m in profit including the compo for Rogers

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Two very good examples.

And a little bit of intellect between the ears.

Why spend copious amounts on English players with less talent than cheaper Spaniards? We are showing business brilliance, scouting genius and a persuasive technique other clubs can only dream of.

We're f***ing BRILLIANT.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
last 3 confirmed deals on BBC: ...... proper signing, not a loan. I'm happy

2211:
DONE DEAL
Getafe striker Nicolas Fedor, 27, has joined Celtic on loan for the rest of the season, the Spanish club have confirmed on their official website.

2206:
DONE DEAL
Brighton have agreed to sign Swansea striker Stephen Dobbie for an undisclosed fee. The 29-year-old has signed a three-year deal.

2205:
DONE DEAL
He was tweeting about it earlier and I can confirm that Southampton striker Billy Sharp, 26, has joined Championship side Nottingham Forest on loan until the end of the season.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
How the HELL did you manage that?

I've only managed to get him once, I was playing as Valencia and it cost me about £35 million if memory serves.

Haha! I'm not really sure. His contract ended and I shunted all my budget from Fees to Wages and managed to meet his (compatitively oddly low) demands. He accepted and the rest is history. He's now won 3 Champ Leagues, 5 PL titles and numerous other pots.

Works out well in the end!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here