Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Nicola Sturgeon resigning

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Effing politicians

Does it ever end?

All the shit over election fraud/ voter ID - both here and in the States, what’s the friggin point of having fair and scrupulously clean elections if Politicians lie, cheat and steal their way to power or simply refuse to accept results anyway or accuse any genuine political opposition as some kind of McCarthy take down.

- it makes me so angry that all these disgraceful excuses for public servants ( and they are all the same imo creaming whatever they can from the top along with fat cat CEOs, Utility bosses and ‘captains of industry’) are literally driving the remaining vestiges of democratic representation into the grave by destroying the very beliefs that the electorate has in the political system to produce sound and efficient governance regardless of what party they vote into power. I’m afraid if anyone thinks Labour MPs will be immune from similar charges of behaviour unfit for Office, they may have a rude awakening.

Last edited:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Labour better hope the Lib Dems pick up a lot of seats as they probably needed a coalition with the SNP to govern next election.
The way I read it Labour will regain the Red Wall, many metropolitan seats and already have enough for a small majority but the SNP implosion could give them a further cushion of 15 more seats. If Lib Dems pick up seats that could store up problems further down the line.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Happy days indeed. Her and her troughing wasters being found out for ruining the country, picking unnecessary fights with Westminster and the general bigoted anti English racism. May she rot in a cell with the key thrown away for a very long time.
Whatever Bojo has done, she and her vile cabal of cretinous nazis have been far far worse.

In democracy we trust...

TNBA

TTF

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It is somewhat ironic that the person who was in pole position to deliver an Independant Scotland, has now reduced the likleyhood of that happening for a very very long time.

Has she? I wouldn't be surprised if you're right, but is that just a reaction to a bad news day, and in time she'll just be dismissed as a bad egg, but the drive for independence a fair one?

And how likely is it that she actually does time for her crimes?

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
Happy days indeed. Her and her troughing wasters being found out for ruining the country, picking unnecessary fights with Westminster and the general bigoted anti English racism. May she rot in a cell with the key thrown away for a very long time.
Whatever Bojo has done, she and her vile cabal of cretinous nazis have been far far worse.

In democracy we trust...

TNBA

TTF
:clap2::clap2:

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
Has she? I wouldn't be surprised if you're right, but is that just a reaction to a bad news day, and in time she'll just be dismissed as a bad egg, but the drive for independence a fair one?

And how likely is it that she actually does time for her crimes?
As we dont know what crimes are alleged to have been commited, I guess we wont know for ages whether or not there will be any actual charges, let alone trials and prison time-I think that unlikley anyway, unless they actuall stole all the money.

Sturgeon was a big personality and ensured Independance was at the front of everything, even making the next election a "referendum" on it. The new leradership are not taking the same tack- at least thats how it seems to me. I cant see the same enthusiasm for it from them- they I think have said its a long game

Time of course will tell, but at the very least it seems there is no money for them to campaign anyway!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Lovely little summation on the BBC news feed " Nicola Sturgeon is in custody and co-operating with police ".... somehow never thought she might be in a straitjacket and mask rolling around the floor screaming dogs abuse !

Jackthelad

Mar 31, 2010
A vile woman who set Scottish independence back decades. If only Scottish Labour could get some proper leadership they could gain a lot of votes back as there are so many unionists who quite rightly don't want to vote Tory.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Politics is rotten to the core isn't it? Perhaps always has been, but the best thing we could now do is totally rip it up and start again.

worthingweird

Mar 8, 2023
The way I read it Labour will regain the Red Wall, many metropolitan seats and already have enough for a small majority but the SNP implosion could give them a further cushion of 15 more seats. If Lib Dems pick up seats that could store up problems further down the line.
And then totally feck the country, it's going to be hilarious...

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
And then totally feck the country, it's going to be hilarious...
Why do you think the prospect of Labour messing up is hilarious?

I assume you think Labour will mess up and you're being ironic, thinking that we should stick with the conservatives we know. Or something.

No, sorry I don't follow :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here