[Politics] Nicola Sturgeon resigning

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Shame. Decent person and good politician. Certainly head and shoulders above any other UK party leaders at present.

Seemed to wind up a certain type of middle aged man for reasons I genuinely have never understood, beyond the obvious + she apparently looks like one of the Krankies. Oh the hilarity!

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Beat me to it, she got that one all wrong.

That an her entire point was a second referendum on independence, which is not going to happen for a while.
She’s been like a dog with a rag doll. She hadn’t let the referendum alone for a minute. If I lived in Scotland I’d be wondering if she’d actually achieved anything in the last decade.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Interesting stuff on BBC and Sky News, some of which I knew already from Scottish colleagues, in interviewing SNP grandees, current SNP politicians and political scientists.

Not just the transgender prisons issue, Sturgeon had patently failed on NHS, the A9, two incredibly expensive ferries, education.

Due to tunnel vision on side issues and ignoring crystal clear statute in taking the independence vote idea to The Supreme Court.

My colleagues lamented the decline of the education system, once the envy of others.

It became the cult of personality. Her number one duty was that of administration, it shouldn’t have been a political campaign on transgender rights and independence.

For Remainers here who see her as a hero, her (hopefully more sensible) successor will also seek full EC membership. EC membership was and is almost universally championed amongst Scottish politicians. Sturgeon was not unique.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
might just be had enough, and giving a successor time to bed in for the next election. question is if she was being pushed. the transgender thing is quite unpopular across the electorate, and a big distraction from the day to day. i recall when Blackford left Westminster leadership recently the chap replacing was an "outsider", Sturgeon's supporters ignored and raised eyebrows.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Interesting stuff on BBC and Sky News, some of which I knew already from Scottish colleagues, in interviewing SNP grandees, current SNP politicians and political scientists.

Not just the transgender prisons issue, Sturgeon had patently failed on NHS, the A9, two incredibly expensive ferries, education.

Due to tunnel vision on side issues and ignoring crystal clear statute in taking the independence vote idea to The Supreme Court.

My colleagues lamented the decline of the education system, once the envy of others.

It became the cult of personality. Her number one duty was that of administration, it shouldn’t have been a political campaign on transgender rights and independence.

For Remainers here who see her as a hero, her (hopefully more sensible) successor will also seek full EC membership. EC membership was and is almost universally championed amongst Scottish politicians. Sturgeon was not unique.
EC Membership, I'm sorry you've lost me....

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Shame. Decent person and good politician. Certainly head and shoulders above any other UK party leaders at present.

Seemed to wind up a certain type of middle aged man for reasons I genuinely have never understood, beyond the obvious + she apparently looks like one of the Krankies. Oh the hilarity!
Quite - And one with some honour - Take note Johnson, Truss et al.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports