Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I looked that up. He signed off a drug. By the same token, John Prescott is an absolute hero, saving the Albion, by signing off our planning application.

Is this how you feel about Prescott? Absolute hero? ???
To be fair, he eventually signed off a drug after 3 years of telling the drug company that supplied it, Vertex that it was too expensive.

Mr Hancock also makes a broader criticism of corporate behaviour in the decade since the financial crisis, saying that voters are “sick of big companies trying to rip off taxpayers” and that such behaviour makes it harder to defend a market economy.

The harshest comments are directed at a company, Vertex, which makes Orkambi, a drug that would improve lung function for about half of England’s 10,400 cystic fibrosis sufferers, but was rejected as too expensive for NHS use.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/drug-firms-try-to-rip-off-taxpayers-says-matt-hancock-0d35hm6f9

I guess maybe he got a deal ?

Last edited:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The mans an absolute hero to us, saved two of my childrens lives. I’m not quite sure why him having an affair has affected so many people so badly. And if it wasn’t for his advice we would of had a lot more deaths from covid. So you couldn’t hug your auntie at your granny’s funeral? Neither could I. Social distancing was needed. Matt H isn’t responsible for one single death, yet everyone seems to be so small minded they think he is. He’s a hero, he saved lives. Oh but he had an affair when he should of been social distancing. Get over yourselves.
Even a stopped clock is right twice a day. His actions saved people close to you but, his actions also condemned people close to others to an early death. He has no place being on mainstream TV trying to plead innocence and trousering obscene amounts of money.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
OK @Fred Oliver - Legend

No, of course Prescott isn't a 'hero'. He just did his job, which was to not be a dick, not listen to a load of whiney tory and lib dem objections to Falmer, and sign it off. He knew he would get a few labour votes in B&H to boot. No, he is NOT a hero. He was at best. mostly harmless.

Paul Samrah
Attila
All the people who campaigned
All the fanzine editors
All the loyal few who schlepped it to Priestfield week after week
Dick Knight
Tony Bloom

They are the Albion's heroes.

Not Prescott.

And I say that as a labour party member.

As for handoncock .....it was the people who invented the treatment, and the people who navigated it through the approval process (I am a pharmacologist, by the way, with a patent on a novel therapy, and I know how all this shit works) that delivered a medicine for your kids.

Handoncock was the bloke who had the easy job of signing it off. He wouldn't have done so had he not been briefed, by proper people, that the intervention had a high chance of working and a low chance of causing adverse effects (in contrast to the biologic trialed at Northwick Park some years ago for a different indication). Handoncock is a risk taker so you should give thanks to the scientists and physicians who were able to provide him with a low-risk product to keep safe the patients, and his sorry arse, if he gave approval. He does not deserve the gratitude that appears to be coming his way from people like you, now it transpires that the intervention really does work.

I'm very pleased for you and your kids that it did work. I know a bit about the chloride channel mutation and its consequences. I hope this will be life changing :thumbsup:

Sorry to get antsy over this but credit is best given to those who deserve it. Handcock deserves nothing but contempt.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
To be fair, he eventually signed off a drug after 3 years of telling the drug company that supplied it, Vertex that it was too expensive.

Mr Hancock also makes a broader criticism of corporate behaviour in the decade since the financial crisis, saying that voters are “sick of big companies trying to rip off taxpayers” and that such behaviour makes it harder to defend a market economy.

The harshest comments are directed at a company, Vertex, which makes Orkambi, a drug that would improve lung function for about half of England’s 10,400 cystic fibrosis sufferers, but was rejected as too expensive for NHS use.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/drug-firms-try-to-rip-off-taxpayers-says-matt-hancock-0d35hm6f9

I guess maybe he got a deal ?
Christ. I was trying to be generous in my post above. :facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here