Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NHS leg pain

Cornish seagull!

Nov 18, 2010
Cornwall
Where and when is your mum doing the jump? Can't see anything in The Cornishman this week.

No the jump won't be in the the paper that's being done in Salisbury and was organised where I used to live in wisborough green. I was on pirate fm last Friday on the news and should be in the West Briton next week, there's a picture and a write up on the RCHT Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/RoyalCornwallHospitalsTrust

Wearing a Brighton top :)

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Will put my own account number and sort code tomorrow for those that wish to sponsor every penny goes to Andrew to help pay bills over the comming weeks and months . My wife who is fifty on the 27th has always wanted to sky dive so we have combined the two . I'm packing her chute 😜

Just back from holiday in Italy, how did it all go in the end A?
I'm still due to be admitted on 3rd Nov for about 3 weeks. All seems OK atm, MRSA screen and vaccinations (in case they remove my spleen) are done, just waiting on histology from the colonoscopy biopsy samples but don't expect a problem as hospital would have cancelled by now if the samples are cancer +ve.

Hope things are ok in hospital mate.

All starts on the 27th for me I have 6 days of high dose BEAM chemotherapy then stem cells will be infused back in. Had a meeting at derriford (Plymouth) on Wednesday it's going to be rough. Apparently one of the drugs they use is mustard gas :ohmy:

Then I'll be transferred by ambulance back to treliske (Truro) and put in isolation for 2-3weeks, hopefully I'll be out for Xmas but even when I'm out the consultant said I'll be very poorly for 3-6months after.

My mums doing a sponsored sky dive on the 1st :lolol:

NSC is a blocked site at Basingstoke Hospital so I wasn't able to post. My 60th birthday (6 Nov) was spent in a morphine induced parallel universe where I met loads of new friends, particularly Kevin who still comes to see me occasionally.
Was discharged on Sunday, 12 days post op'n, having expected to be in for 3 weeks; glad to be home as it's much better for recovery time, not least in getting myself 'de-institutionalised' asap. Wound started leaking some gunk early on Monday so called (6.30am) for a community (district) nurse visit via the Sussex Community NHS Trust call centre at Horsham Hospital. No response from the nurses until 3.30pm despite numerous further calls from us, the hospital and our GP; at which point they refused to attend. Hospital and GP appalled so I ended up at the GP surgery that evening, covered in crap and having a wound cleaned & dressed to get me through the night to avoid an A&E visit/nightmare. Back to Basingstoke on Tuesday morning where it all got sorted although a call from one of the Horsham nurses en-route got a terse, football like response. To date we've filed formal complaints with the Trust, its CEO, our MP and, via our GP, the commissioning body/group that buys the community nurse service from the Sx Trust and has replaced the PCT in the brave new world that the govt has introduced.
Surgery went very well but they found (and removed) some more cancer in my colon so it'll probably mean more chemo in the new year when I'm fully over the operation. Bit of a bummer really.
Amusing points are that I have wear a corset/belt for 6 weeks to support the muscle healing where they've repaired an incisional hernia from some previous surgery - seems that I've also had a tummy tuc! And don't get me started on the fitting removal of anal stents - there must be a song here about a Brighton supporter in a corset with an anal stent?
Anyway that's where I am today, hoping to make the Barnsley game in a couple of weeks but won't make all those WSU stairs up to O95 atm.

The very best of luck with your treatment next week Andy, it's not something I'm familiar with at all and I hope the after effects are less than expected. You never know but Palace may even have a manager by the time it's all finished. :smile:

Is there a just giving page etc for your mum's sky dive?

Best wishes to all in Cornwall and Wisborough Green. N.

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
I have two seats in WSL - happy to swap if it makes it easier for you at the Barnsley game. I've had my colon removed so have a little insight into some of the associated trauma but your fortitude is extraordinary.

Cornish seagull!

Nov 18, 2010
Cornwall
Just to let everyone know I was discharged from hospital on Sunday after 3weeks, feel a bit weak and sore but not too bad. It's been tough on the mind and I'm losing my hair which is weird, but glad to be out.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Just to let everyone know I was discharged from hospital on Sunday after 3weeks, feel a bit weak and sore but not too bad. It's been tough on the mind and I'm losing my hair which is weird, but glad to be out.

Least of your worries mate. I lost my hair years ago :) You and many of the other posters on this thread really are an inspiration. I have had the massive good fortune to be very healthy all my 60 years and just don't know how you cope and remain so positive. I hope you have a fantastic Christmas and that 2014 brings the improvements in your situation that you so richly deserve.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Take it easy Cornish, let everyone look after you over Christmas! Have a good one.

ficklefrog

Mar 13, 2009
worthing
I have followed this thread from the start and am continuously amazed at the way you both keep so upbeat publicly. I have a friend having treatment and know for her life is a merry go round of appointments and tests. Along with others I wish that 2014 can be as good for you ( and others in similar situations) as possible and you get to enjoy the things that count. Playoffs?

The good news about Lord Bracknell today reminded me to post a brief update here for any followers who are still awake.
I'm now over last November's surgery and am physically fitter than I've been for a long time. My oncology consultant at Guildford has recommended a half course of chemotherapy to knock back anything that's floating around in the blood/lymphatic systems; this'll be six doses of 5FU/irinotecan over a three month period and will be my fifth course in total. It all kicks off next friday provided my medical and PICC line fitting go OK earlier in the week so Millwall might be my last game for a while. Should make it to the Market Porter beforehand if anyone wants to share a pre-chemo beer.
How are you Andy?

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Good luck Alex am making the trip to millwall from w.green on sat so may look out for u I'm the fat one hoping to post pictures / video of my wife's sky dive so everyone can have a laugh fair play to the old gal . Gutted the chute opened but there u go . Lol

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
Good to hear of your progress and hope this next (final?) round of chemo passes as quickly as possible and that you are back ready for the play off run in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here