Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NHS leg pain

Cornish seagull!

Nov 18, 2010
Cornwall
Bloody hospital told me I was being admitted today, so there's me waiting all day for a phone call to come in and they turn round and say there's no beds till tomorrow.

What a lash up.

Very pleased for you and the family, couldn't be much better news then this eh?
Now get yourself a Yeovil tkt sorted - no excuses, it's only 4hrs on the train, change at Castle Carey! :thumbsup:

Thanks N, only excuse would be lack of disposable money :lol:

I wish I'd come up with an excuse, it was pretty woeful stuff on Saturday; even 'Strictly' seemed an improvement.

Bloody hospital told me I was being admitted today, so there's me waiting all day for a phone call to come in and they turn round and say there's no beds till tomorrow.

What a lash up.

Just back from holiday in Italy, how did it all go in the end A?
I'm still due to be admitted on 3rd Nov for about 3 weeks. All seems OK atm, MRSA screen and vaccinations (in case they remove my spleen) are done, just waiting on histology from the colonoscopy biopsy samples but don't expect a problem as hospital would have cancelled by now if the samples are cancer +ve.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Just like to wish my boy all the best for his up comming stem cell transplant . Going to b a shit month but it's the end result that matters . Be strong love you .will b with u every step of the way

Cornish seagull!

Nov 18, 2010
Cornwall
I wish I'd come up with an excuse, it was pretty woeful stuff on Saturday; even 'Strictly' seemed an improvement.

Just back from holiday in Italy, how did it all go in the end A?
I'm still due to be admitted on 3rd Nov for about 3 weeks. All seems OK atm, MRSA screen and vaccinations (in case they remove my spleen) are done, just waiting on histology from the colonoscopy biopsy samples but don't expect a problem as hospital would have cancelled by now if the samples are cancer +ve.

Hope things are ok in hospital mate.

All starts on the 27th for me I have 6 days of high dose BEAM chemotherapy then stem cells will be infused back in. Had a meeting at derriford (Plymouth) on Wednesday it's going to be rough. Apparently one of the drugs they use is mustard gas :ohmy:

Then I'll be transferred by ambulance back to treliske (Truro) and put in isolation for 2-3weeks, hopefully I'll be out for Xmas but even when I'm out the consultant said I'll be very poorly for 3-6months after.

My mums doing a sponsored sky dive on the 1st :lolol:

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes

All starts on the 27th for me I have 6 days of high dose BEAM chemotherapy then stem cells will be infused back in. Had a meeting at derriford (Plymouth) on Wednesday it's going to be rough. Apparently one of the drugs they use is mustard gas :ohmy:

Then I'll be transferred by ambulance back to treliske (Truro) and put in isolation for 2-3weeks, hopefully I'll be out for Xmas but even when I'm out the consultant said I'll be very poorly for 3-6months after.

Best of Luck Cornish

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Good luck mate, hope it all works out for you.

What is it in aid of, put a link on here perhaps?

And very best wishes, did you finish the Airfix kits?

Cornish seagull!

Nov 18, 2010
Cornwall
It's to help with travel costs and things and to give the kids a Christmas as I'm not working and won't be for a minimum of 6months after, this means times are very hard and because I'm technically still employed we get very little help. Mum only told me this week that she was doing it :lol:

I've been on the local radio and will be in the local paper haha, been a strange couple of weeks, it's going to be tough because I can't see the kids for nearly 4weeks.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
It's to help with travel costs and things and to give the kids a Christmas as I'm not working and won't be for a minimum of 6months after, this means times are very hard and because I'm technically still employed we get very little help. Mum only told me this week that she was doing it :lol:

I've been on the local radio and will be in the local paper haha, been a strange couple of weeks, it's going to be tough because I can't see the kids for nearly 4weeks.

Please let us know how we can sponsor your Mum

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro

Where and when is your mum doing the jump? Can't see anything in The Cornishman this week.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here