Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

next seasons squad

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
What is a squad of that size - Going by the model of an international squad?

GK - 3

DR - 2
DL - 2
DC - 4

DM - 2
MR - 2
ML - 2
AM - 2

ST - 4

Is that generally it, as a rule of thumb?

Yeah that would normally be the shape of the squad, but that is based on a traditional 4-4-2 formation being the prefered line up.

If Gus is to continue with the 4-5-1 then he may only want 3 strikers plus Barker, also 2GK's plus Walker would be what I would expect.

I guess it depends on what Gus considers to be his "25 man squad" and if the apprentices are considered in that 25.

I think Gus will have a nice transfer pot to play with this summer and we will see some players go that we didn't expect to leave

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I generally agree with most of the above. I think we all know that we are going to lose a lot of 'fans favourites' this summer, with Kuipers Cox and maybe ever Forster probably being the headline names.

It'll be a tough summer in that respect, but I have faith the Gus knows what he is doing. His aquisitions so far have been pretty good (Brezovan, Painter, Calderon, Holdroyd...). I expect many NSC binfests as the team we have known for the last couple of years is decimated over the summer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here