Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Next Saturday at the Valley

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
on twitter they are planning to get the game stopped by going on to the pitch will this give us a 3-0 win if the game gets called off and boost our goal difference

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

If you read the league rules you will find that is not true. What will happen is we will have three matches between Monday 2nd and Saturday 7th May which will threaten severely our hopes of promotion. The game MUST NOT be abandoned. I will support their protests off the pitch but not on it.

I know Charlton fans will whine about our hypocrisy but I dont think any of our abandoned games had any effect on the oppositions season and they also took place much earlier in the season, they certainly weren't worth £100M.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I would fully support any actions by Charlton fans that is peaceful, I think this story is bigger than us winning or getting promotion, its about a club that like us has experienced terrible losses and claimed back not just their club but the ground as well. I find it hard to fathom how this has been allowed to happen again, but however the survival of Charlton as a football club being terribly mismanaged should not be allowed to die.

I do not want to see any fan lose their club - I am sure the majority of Brighton fans will remember and appreciate the support they gave us in our darkest hours and recognise the need for direct action.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
So you don't think the support of fans around the country helped in provoking debate at the FA or media coverage? It was all us was it?

Blimey
IT was our pitch invasions that made the FA sit up and take notice not Charlton's involvement. I,ve no axe to grind with them and they have to do what they have to do but it wasn't Fans United it was the continual pitch invasions culminating in the York game that changed things.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
IT was our pitch invasions that made the FA sit up and take notice not Charlton's involvement. I,ve no axe to grind with them and they have to do what they have to do but it wasn't Fans United it was the continual pitch invasions culminating in the York game that changed things.

Well you will have an axe to grind with them if they invade the pitch on Saturday and the game is abandoned!!!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Well you will have an axe to grind with them if they invade the pitch on Saturday and the game is abandoned!!!

Maybe, if we didnt get enough time in between our three remaining games. I might go in their end Saturday and have a word.

Webbo

Apr 16, 2016
I watched the video of your famous York City encounter yesterday.
I really don't expect anything like that to happen on Saturday.
I also expect the game to finish, but there will be some kind of malarkey, and I realise it will annoy Brighton fans in such an important match for you.
If you want my prediction it will be about 3-0 to you (here's me hoping it won't be utter humiliation!) and finish not long after 5pm.
You get the three points and hopefully march on to the Premier League, and then we can see if Aston Villa were right about Dale Stephens.

Webbo

Apr 16, 2016
Hi Seagulls.

I started this thread about a week ago simply trying to inform Brighton fans about what might be the conflicting agendas for today's game at the Valley.
I want to thank you from the depths of my heart regarding the response of Brighton fans today. Each and every single Brighton fan I encountered today were so generous in spirit, so supportive of our efforts, and all had phenomenal presence amongst us today.
To think you were arriving to see your beloved team march on in such a vital match, yet so so many of you joined with us, chanted and sung with us, and inside the ground chanted in support of us, it was brilliant.
There was no mickey taking at our plight, but a whole bunch of supporters who really did get it, who had made every effort to understand our pain, and whose fantastic support eased our pain a little.
I really don't want to gush, it gets embarrassing, but you should be proud of yourselves today as to know we're not disregarded by other fans means such a lot.
If at any time in the future we can offer similar support to you then you will barely need to ask, I just want to say that sometimes things can be manipulated and engineered, but today Brighton fans were real, Brighton fans were authentic, and Brighton fans were class.

Now get yourselves promoted!

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Hi Seagulls.

I started this thread about a week ago simply trying to inform Brighton fans about what might be the conflicting agendas for today's game at the Valley.
I want to thank you from the depths of my heart regarding the response of Brighton fans today. Each and every single Brighton fan I encountered today were so generous in spirit, so supportive of our efforts, and all had phenomenal presence amongst us today.
To think you were arriving to see your beloved team march on in such a vital match, yet so so many of you joined with us, chanted and sung with us, and inside the ground chanted in support of us was brilliant.
There was no mickey taking at our plight, but a whole bunch of supporters who really did get it, who had made every effort to understand our pain, and whose fantastic support eased our pain a little.
I really don't want to gush, it gets embarrassing, but you should be proud of yourselves today as to know were not disregarded by other fans means such a lot.
If at any time in the future we can offer similar support to you then you will barely need to ask, I just want to say that sometimes things can be manipulated and engineered, but today Brighton fans were real, Brighton fans were authentic, and Brighton fans were class.

Thanks but an apology about the cock who threw the smoke bomb near Stockdale would be appreciated!

Webbo

Apr 16, 2016
No problem. I happily apologise about the smoke bomb, it was wrong and off putting, and you have every reason to be irate at that.
Apologies, and sad that we at Charlton should feel driven to behave so badly.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Hi Seagulls.

To think you were arriving to see your beloved team march on in such a vital match, yet so so many of you joined with us, chanted and sung with us, and inside the ground chanted in support of us, it was brilliant.
I really don't want to gush, it gets embarrassing, but you should be proud of yourselves today as to know we're not disregarded by other fans means such a lot.

I thought Charlton played well in some parts and gave us a few problems. Fair play for making it a game even though your fate is sealed. Keep it that way when you play Burnley.

TangerineArmy

Jan 29, 2015
Must saying seeing the Charlton protests with Brighton fans holding up an oyston out scarf was awesome.

U were brilliant last season at ours . Think it will be a long time before we ever play u again, and me personally until oystons go the club is dead. Relegation nailed on and oystons operation conference is nearly done.

All the best to u boys, so hope u do it but it's going to the wire.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Thanks but an apology about the cock who threw the smoke bomb near Stockdale would be appreciated!
I know it's not the same to compare but what about the smoke bomb (again?!?) in the away end after the third goal. Yes this time it wasn't thrown like it has been the past two times but still the same principle is their that some took pyro's into a game again, both home and away fans.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Hi Seagulls.

Fair brought a lump to my throat, that - and I wasn't even there! Good luck in getting rid of your owner.
:thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here