[Albion] Next Brighton manager

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
probably wise to allow him to leave now. these attempts will only keep coming and he will eventually go.
There is that.

If Poyet had gone to Wolves there wouldn't have been all the will-he-won't-he about the Reading job a few weeks later and the rapid downfall of Gus soon after.

On the other hand, any honest commitment from Potter to see out the next 1-3 years with us renders all speculation a bit redundant.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Emma Hayes.

She has scoffed at the idea of managing in a mens league before but that was at L2 / Conference level. A top half PL club is a different proposition altogether.

Back on reality street I doubt that TB would want to be the trailblazer taking a risk with a female appointee. A team of Bruno, Liam, Calde & Sidders would do for me (although who fits best in what role I'm not 100% sure).

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
A team of Bruno, Liam, Calde & Sidders would do for me (although who fits best in what role I'm not 100% sure).

I love all of those guys, but in all honesty are they really capable of outwitting some of the best coaches in the world on a weekly basis?

I'm sure that - like Potter - they would manage the group really well and create the right environment, but for a club like the Albion to succeed and punch above its weight you need a tactical genius, someone who has taken clubs to a consistently higher level.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I really wouldn't want a new manager to rip up all Potter's progress and start again.

So the only candidate for me is Bruno, with Lallana or Calde as his assistant.

We'd need someone to duplicate Bjorn's work as well though.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
How about Bjorn? In the same way GP moving on to ‘bigger and better’ things, Bjorn moves into head coach territory.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
Amazed that some people are genuinely considering Bruno, Calde and even Jones as possible replacements for Potter. Great players for us, yes. I very much doubt they have the tactical nous and coaching ability of Potter.

These guys would get swallowed up in the PL.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I think Hayes would be an interesting choice. There are some good similarities with Potter as she didn't get follow a conventional route into management. ANd there'd be nice symmetry in taking a Chelsea manager if they took ours

boik

I think Hayes would be an interesting choice. There are some good similarities with Potter as she didn't get follow a conventional route into management. ANd there'd be nice symmetry in taking a Chelsea manager if they took ours

She seems very very switched on about all aspects of football. Wouldn't be disappointed if she came here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports